PDA

View Full Version : New Braves Unis

ziggy
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
It look like the Braves are sporting new Alternate Road jerseys....Blue jerseys with blue on white tackle twill....I give them the thumbs down....looks funny without the piping/braid around buttons and around the neck as well as sleeve ends...especially because the road grey pants still have the red and blue piping down the leg as well as around the belt loops etc....If they had the piping/braid ( like home, road and red alt) I think thye would be OK......any thoughts? What is the patch on sleeve?

ziggy
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I like the new alternate caps......all navy with solid white "A" similar to the 1969 braves caps

kylehess10
03-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I was just about to make a thread on this same topic. Why didn't the Braves make any announcement about this beforehand? At first I thought they were wearing BP jerseys. It looks weird on TV because it looks like the player is in black-and-white and everything else is in color.

hblakewolf
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Great looking jerseys!

An interesting and touching story about the BEACH sleeve patch that will be worn all season:

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080330&content_id=2467318&vkey=news_atl&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ryantex
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I like the jerseys. I'm wondering if they will only wear these for certain games, like opening day.

Nats better eat it up tonight, cause the Braves are gonna tax them all season long.

Vintagedeputy
03-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I liked seeing the new Braves jerseys as their walked from the dugout hanging their heads tonight after the loss to the Nats, hahaha

frikativ54
03-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Pics?

skipcareyisfat
03-31-2008, 09:19 AM
If they were going for average, I think they nailed it. Between the two alternates, the Sunday reds are much better looking. The new unis just look like BP shirts. And I still miss the arched nameplate fonts. Every style would look better if they went back to those. Also, they wore the helmets with the red brims last night. I don't get why they'd use solid blue hats but not solid blue helmets.

ham1963
03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I like the new look and I can't wait to get my hands on these jerseys in Nov. or December but I guess that I am going to have to wait.:)
ham1963:D

bigtime59
03-31-2008, 10:38 AM
I like them, but I would have liked them more if they had piping.

gingi79
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
When your Ace goes 7 innings, gives up 2 runs and 3 hits to the Nationals, retires 19 straight batters and you lose, you NEVER WEAR THE UGLY ASS "Surprise!, we have fake retro new uniforms" AGAIN. It is obvious they played as ugly as their Jersey. They should keep the hat though, great minimalist design.

As far as the Braves go,this better be a fluke because if a never-was like Odalis Perez can hold you to 2 hits and a fluke homer, what is Santana going to do?

Oh and I'm putting my deposit down on Braves World Series Tickets. In October, just remember who said it before April 1st.....:D

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh and I'm putting my deposit down on Braves World Series Tickets. In October, just remember who said it before April 1st.....:D

After last nights game, the Braves might be needing tickets for the sports bar to watch the Nats in the World Series.

Jim