PDA

View Full Version : eBay - Ricky Williams gamer - MY GRAIL

dafivehole
03-31-2008, 05:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/RICKY-WILLIAMS-MIAMI-DOLPHINS-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ150231430921QQihZ005QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller says that he got it from a member of the Dolphins and that the winning bidder will be told the history of the jersey :confused: What the hell does that mean?!? Are you bidding on a jersey or a really great story :rolleyes:

Roger Gibson has a Williams from the same season and it's a size 46 and has the velcro strips on the bottom of the jersey (this one is a size 48 with no velcro strips). I've looked at the Getty pics from 2003 and not a single match... with all that wear, you'd think you could match up something... still researching it. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks to all,
Roger
roger@dafivehole.com

dafivehole
03-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry I couldn't edit my first post, but here is what I have for info as to when they wore the regular (non-throwback) white jerseys that year:

9/7 - Houston
9/14 @ NY Jets
10/5 @ NY Giants
10/19 - New England
10/27 @ San Diego
11/2 - Indianapolis
11/9 @ Tennessee
11/16 - Baltimore
12/21 @ Buffalo
12/28 - NY Jets

As far as preseason goes, they wore the aqua for all games (except for the 8/28 @ New Orleans game, which I have no idea what they wore).

On the Patriots and Chargers games, I haven't been able to see any real good pics, so those games seem to hold the most possibility. Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Roger

mvandor
03-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Compare the shadowing of the 3 on the jersey front to image #2724139 on Getty from that season. Not a match. Additionally, seller has 34 feedbacks total, a fishy story, and offers no other provenance. Finally, it matches in form the typical pro-cut flooding the market.

The "give me the money now, I'll tell you the story later" approach is not one I would accept or trust.

mvandor
03-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Compare the shadowing of the 3 on the jersey front to image #2724139 on Getty from that season. Not a match. Additionally, seller has 34 feedbacks total, a fishy story, and offers no other provenance. Finally, it matches in form the typical pro-cut flooding the market.

The "give me the money now, I'll tell you the story later" approach is not one I would accept or trust.

BTW, there is an image of him with shirt tail out in an aqua jersey and the tail appears shorter. Lastly that aqua trim at the end of the sleeves is not visible in 2003 pics I looked at, it appears he had his sleeves altered to remove that to make them just a bit shorter.

dafivehole
03-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Yes, this all seems to lead up to a bogus jersey :mad: I've heard too that this seller has been selling Misturini's crap :eek: The lack of the velcro bothered me some as well as the size discrepancy... with all of the wear and repairs on this jersey, how many could be floating around from that season?!?

Will I ever get a real Ricky Williams Dolphins jersey :confused:

Roger

Eric
03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Misturini was selling a 2003 Ricky Williams jersey

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=27599&postcount=7

Yet another coincidence with this ebay seller, who has stopped answering my emails...

dafivehole
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
He has replied numerous times to me but he INSISTS that this jersey came from the Dolphins :o

Roger

mvandor
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Good case for CSI's lab techs. Does the soil on the jersey by any chance match the soil in seller's back yard? :)

dafivehole
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Some poor bastard has the high bid at $338 :( I wish there was a way to warn these unsuspecting souls :rolleyes:

Roger

Eric
04-02-2008, 05:03 PM
has anyone done business with this seller?