PDA

View Full Version : Recent eBay Pickup - Need Help

cohibasmoker
03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
I just got this jersey from eBay. The seller's scans gave the impression that the jersey was red. As such, I was thinking the jersey was an old Falcons jersey. Well, when I got it, I was shocked because the jersey is actually orange. In an attempt to show the actual color of the jersey, I placed a St. Louis Cardinals jacket next to the jersey and I took the scan.

Made by Spanjian, the jersey is a size 44 and it is made out of a heavy-weight durene material. The shoulders are reinforced and are about twice as thick as the rest of the jersey and the sleeve-ends are cuffed. Just above the cuffed sleeve-ends, are sewn-in elbow pads. There are diamond inserts under each armpit.

The jersey has several team repairs (most in the shoulder area) and is complete with crotchpiece. On the Spanjian Pasadena label, the number 518 has been imprinted on the label. This 518 is also imprinted on the inside of the crotchpiece and on the back of the jersey, on the inside, 318 has been imprinted.

All of the numbers have been sewn on. The numbers on the back of the jersey are positioned very high so I don't think the would be any room for a nameplate. The sleeve-stripes are woven into the jersey.

This is a very cool and extremely well-made professional style jersey. I've looked through a few old football annuals (Professional and college) and so far, I have been unable to identify the jersey. I would appreciate any help any member can give me in identifying whether the jersey was worn professionally or on the collegiate or semi-pro level.

I can be reached either though the thread or flaa1a@comcast.net

Thanx so much,

dafivehole
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
When I first saw it, my first thought was - BC Lions :)

Roger