PDA

View Full Version : Reds Wear Nuxhall "Tribute" Jerseys

pietraynor
03-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Forgive me if this was already posted, haven't seen it yet...Just got back from the Reds/DBacks opener at Cincy & the Reds did a classy thing by wearing Home White Jerseys w/ "NUXHALL 41" on the back of each players & coach/managers shirt..these were worn in warmups & for the introduction of players & coaches..they had the original players number on the front such as "3" for Griffey..The starting pitcher Aaron Harang got special permission from the league to wear his the entire game, he pitched 6 innings..this was kept quiet, even the Reds insiders didn't know of this..look for these to either hit MLB.com or Reds Community Fund Auction..speaking of the latter, the club auctioned off Adam Dunn & Brandon Phillips game used, signed bats & an Edwin Encarnacion signed batting helmet..both bats were well over $400 w/time left, while the helmet was at $225..they had a handful of game used hats on a "spin the wheel" type chance game for $10 each if won one..I saw one person win a Juan Castro hat. No pics of the Nuxhall jerseys but you can likely find them on the team website or yahoo or gettyimages. Jay.

Vintagedeputy
03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/2008/03/31/aeoYe4mx.jpg

chakes89
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
They are also wearing black patches all season that say "Nuxy"

I sure did really miss hearing Joe on the radio today :(