PDA

View Full Version : ESM Theft

dcgreg25
04-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I just received the following e-mail from ESM regarding an item I won on ebay from them and paid for a couple weeks ago but never received. Anybody have any insight into exactly what happened?

Thankfully the item I won was a fairly common bat (I was surprised when I won it) but I am sure there are some other pretty unhappy forum members out there who might have lost some more valuable items.

Below is the e-mail:

Hello Elite Sports Marketing Ebay Customer:

Unfortunately the item that you won from ESM is no longer available. Your payment has therefore been refunded via Paypal, or is in the process of refund via credit card or check depending on your payment method.

This problem is due to a recent theft at our company, and we have been working frantically to fix the problems as quickly as possible. This has affected many of our Ebay customers, and we understand that for many these fixes have not come nearly fast enough.

Our communication has been delayed in many cases as well, as we deal with the legalities of the issue and attempt to determine the best method of rectifying the situation from all angles.

The only thing we can do at this point is make an attempt to remedy the problems by ensuring every payment for which there is no product is refunded. We are nearly completely through with this process.

For those of you that are new customers, you will most likely never buy from our company again after this experience. This is understandable. For those that are returning customers, your frustration is by no means lessened by our previous successful transactions. We do hope, however, that you will recall our track record of low prices, fast shipping, and great communication so that we can move forward from this negative experience and rebuild our many healthy relationships.

We understand that situations such as these are inexcusable and this is a huge setback for our company. We are in the process of implementing further security measures in our building and screening processes to prevent such an incident from occurring in the future.

We are looking forward to moving past this horrible March and into a prosperous baseball season.

ESM EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM

Jags Fan Dan
04-01-2008, 10:03 AM
A bad April Fool's joke? But seriously, that sucks. I wonder who else on here got this bad news??

3arod13
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I always wonder if they do this because they didn't get as much as they expected for it. Easy to just return the money and relist later or sell outside ebay.

ndevlin
04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Thats too bad! For some reason, and I know others have commented on this in the past, I don't really look at their auctions too much. Theres just something about some of the items they list that smell fishy at times. Just my opinion. Sorry for the news. At least they are being truthful about the matter, and giving refunds as well.

zonker
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

dcgreg25
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Typically I would wonder if it was not financially motivated but the auction was for a Paul Sorrento GU bat from his days with the Indians that I won for like $35.

It is sad that someone would steal that bat. I guess its kinda sad that I was going to buy it. Actually, I am kinda glad they refunded my money, I just kinda liked the guy from the great Indians teams of the mid 90s.

34swtns
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't doubt their story for a minute.

In broad daylight, I've walked through their front door, through their showroom and all the way back into their storage area several times in the past without anyone realizing I was even there. I've had to yell up the stairs in the storage room towards the offices to get anyone's attention. Meanwhile, bats, gloves, shoes and jerseys are laying all over the place. And all the while I'm thinking, "man, lucky for them I'm an honest person".
I've never had anything but good dealings with Scott and I wouldn't wish getting ripped-off on anybody. I hate to hear that it happened to them.