Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

hillerich & bradsby label

why did louisville slugger change the classic favorite center brand (it's my favorite anyway) to the current boring one? years ago when i visited the factory, i was told by an employee that it was changed for asthetic reasons. can anyone vouch for that?
  • BMH
    • Jul 2007

Re: hillerich & bradsby label

I'm still partial to the #2 logo of J.F. Hillerich & Son, but that's just me. I take it you like our #5 logo, but we changed because we can. We're working on a new version of the M9 already. Probably one of our fastest updates ever!
    Brian Hillerich

Comment

• momen55
      • Aug 2006

thanks brian. if this is the #5 center brand, then that is my favorite. to me it reflects a time when the game was just that, a game.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00376.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	643726

Comment

• BMH
        • Jul 2007

Yep, that's the one we call #5. I do like that one too. It's also easier to brand with than the #7. The letters are not as wide so you don't have to use as much heat to get it to burn into the wood.
        Brian Hillerich

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
          • Nov 2005

Brian,
          Curious if you guys would ever use the #5 again if someone requested it. ("Someone" meaning a player.) Has that ever happened?
          Thanks,
          Jason
          "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• BMH
            • Jul 2007

We've had requests before and we've only done it if that player had used the brand before. For the most part we have a hard enough time keeping everything correct on a bat. My guys don't need another variable thrown into the mix
            Brian Hillerich

Comment

Working...