PDA

View Full Version : Discrepancies in Daulton Ebay gear

kingjammy24
02-22-2006, 05:22 PM
As some know by now, Darren Daulton is selling off many items from his personal collection. Some of the more interesting items for me personally
are those pertaining to the 1993 World Series. Daulton has included several items from this World Series, including 2 jerseys, a glove, shinguards, belt, hat, and chest-protector. Some of these are signed "93 WS game #6". Game 6 was the final game of the Series and was played in Toronto. However, there seem to be some issues with several of Daulton's 1993 World Series pieces.

1) the Regent glove "used in the 1993 World Series": Most players don't start using or breaking in a new glove during the World Series. Photos from the 1993 World Series seem to show Daulton using a Rawlings glove. I've enclosed several photos so perhaps some glove experts on here can make out some of the markings on the other photos/gloves.

2) shinguards "used during game #6 of the 1993 World Series": Daulton seemed to use red shinguards with white trim when catching on the road and red shinguards with blue trim when catching at home. Game 6 was played in Toronto. The Ebay shinguards have blue trim. There are a couple of photos enclosed specifically from game #6 of the 1993 World Series below which show Daulton wearing his shinguards in full view. They clearly have white trim.

3) chest protector "used during game #6 of the 1993 World Series": as was the case with his shinguards, Daulton used a chest protector with white trim during game #6 of the 93 WS. The Ebay chest protector has blue trim.

While I have little doubt that Daulton used the items in the Ebay auction at some point in his career, I have serious doubts that he used them during Game 6 of the 1993 World Series as he is claiming via his inscriptions. How many shinguards and chestprotectors did he go through in game 6? Photos from Game 6 clearly show a different chest protector, different shinguards, and I believe, a different glove.

I think this simply may be a case of a player forgetting the specifics behind certain pieces of equipment in terms of what piece was used and when.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/7755/daulton4xf.jpg

Rudy.