PDA

View Full Version : Best Auction Services

intheminors
04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
All,

I know I'm stepping into a bit of a Lion's Den here with the GUU Auction about to begin but here goes...

I have been seriously considering putting a majority of my minor league baseball jersey collection up for auction. I just haven't had the time recently to enjoy collecting and with some of the questionable items that are on the market these days, the thrill is starting to leave me. I've almost become more cynical now than I was while I was actively collecting, if that's possible.

I have zero experience with any auction houses, other than ebay. And, because my collection is a majority of minor league items, they may not even be interested. However, I just wanted to hear good and bad experiences so I know which way to go. Again, obviously I could do it myself through ebay, but if I can't find time to collect then I'm not sure that I could find time to create 200 listings.

Any information would be appreciated.

Feel free to contact me through the board or e-mail me direct at intheminors@yahoo.com. I also ask out of respect of the administrators of the board that I do not receive offers for any of my jerseys at this time. I have butted heads with them before and I do not want to cause any problems concerning the hard work they put into their Spring and Fall auctions.

Thanks.

Kyle