PDA

View Full Version : Common Courtesy

BULBUS
04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
This has been brought up before, but I just wanted to remind people. If you are going to post in the wanted section, and someone takes the time to take pictures and send you an email, please reply to that email. If you are not interested, just take a second to hit the reply icon and type something like, "thanks for the offer, but I'm going to pass". Thank you, Chris

Vintagedeputy
04-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Along those same lines, if you send a pm to someone, make sure yours are turned on to receive their reply.

chakes89
04-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Could we make the whole PM system less confusing in the future also?

camarokids
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
This has been brought up before, but I just wanted to remind people. If you are going to post in the wanted section, and someone takes the time to take pictures and send you an email, please reply to that email. If you are not interested, just take a second to hit the reply icon and type something like, "thanks for the offer, but I'm going to pass". Thank you, Chris

Amen !

Also , if you say you are going to pay for an item , pay for it when you say you are going to pay for it .

I had a forum member who has a wanted ad for game used gloves !

He agreed to buy one of my gloves . We agreed to a price on Memorial Day weekend .

First - he was going to pay during the weekend , so I could ship on Tuesday after Memorial Day.

Second - he was going to pay on Tuesday . Wednesday came around NO payment received , I sent an email asking if he was still going to buy .

Third -Thursday he replied and said he would pay on Friday .

Friday went by then Saturday afternoon rolled around and NO payment received or any emails to let me know what is going on .

So after jerking me around for almost a week and not keeping his word . I sent an email advising this person , the glove was no longer for sale .

He replies asking why the glove was not for sale and that he could paypal me .

I told him I would still sell him the glove IF he could pay on Saturday .

I have not heard from him since .

After three times of NOT following through I decided I did not want to deal with this person anymore , but still gave him a final chance to pay .

This is the email I sent on Saturday when he wanted to know why the glove wasn't for sale . I don't think I was harsh or rude at all , at this point I did care if the glove sold or not :

If you can do paypal tonight I will sell it to you . The longer you take to
pay for it , makes me just wanting to keep it . For it is a really nice
glove and I like it . I figured also you are not too interested cause you
don't seem in a hurry to complete the transaction . So if you seriously want
the glove please do paypal payment of $330.00 ( covers shipping ) to
dzscope@earthlink.net . I forgot how much we agreed on was $330.00 or
$335.00 , I think it was $330.00 . I will ship out on Monday .
Thanks ,
David

I am not naming this person at this time .

BernBabyBern
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
BULBUS,
You hit it right on. I agree. Had someone recently request pics on a GU Alex Rodriguez bat they wanted. I took photos, full description. Totally up front. Not even a simple reply back saying they weren't interested. If your not, that's fine. Just say so.
Common Courtesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To that person - my e-mail is mikeapno1@yahoo.com

Thanks,
MAP

Neely8
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
+1.

sarahsdad
06-05-2008, 10:40 AM
You are dead on with that thread. I recently had someone who obviously likes the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee ask for pictures of my Jim Edmonds GU auto bat, Bill Hall GU Brewers helmet and Prince Fielder GU mock turtleneck and never heard from him again. No courtesy what so ever. Did not respond to three emails that I sent directly to him and when I called him out on the forum still no reply.
Sarahsdad