PDA

View Full Version : Tons of jerseys at the Cardinals Authentics store

DonTheLegend
04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
my wife and i went to the Cardinals opening day (#2) on Tuesday and strolled through the team Authentics store to see what they had.

there were half a dozen racks (or so) full of GU jerseys.

spring training, first 2007 series with the gold piping, 2006 World Series jerseys and some 2007 regular season ones as well.

notable ones i happen to remember were a nice Encarnacion (opening series i believe) that was pretty dirty, Schumaker home (not sure if was a spring or regular season), Duncan , Eckstein and a bunch that i cant think of off hand. it was packed and my wife was rushing me.

most prices were in the $250 - $300 range. i think the Encarnacion was $450.

they also had the normal GU balls and a couple of GU cleats (Rolen and a couple of others. too crowded in that area)

just thought i'd give everyone a heads up.

seemed like nice jeresy's and most did show decent wear.

i wish i wouldve picked one up now that i think about it.

bigtruck260
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
You can bet I will be buying if I am there - thanks for the tip Donnie.

Dave

Billyu40
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I was there on opening day and missed out on some great jerseys because of traffic. There were three Jim Edmonds game used jersey sold about 30 minutes before I got there. Donnie is right though, alot of great stuff. A couple Carpenter and Opening day 2007 and World Series jerseys were there to be had at a great price.

Billy

bigtruck260
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
A couple Carpenter and Opening day 2007 and World Series jerseys were there to be had at a great price.

Billy

Yo Billy - did you think this was a funny statement when you typed it?:D

Dave

kj33706
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
i went wednesday night and thursday day (witch was today), no new game used bats all were from either winter warm up or last season, and yes there were a lot of jerseys, and some game used batting helmets (no numbers) and alot of name plates starting in the price of 35.00 -200.00.
alot of bases and the scott rolen cletes were game issued for 100.00
i just wish they were some what reasonable with some of the prices they are high on some of there stuff. if anyone needs anything i will be there next tuesday let me know if i can help anyone out............. GO CARDS

ALSO I AM LOOKING FOR GAME USED MLB BASES help a buddy out

bigtruck260
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Guys -

I am going tomorrow night. I am already looking for stuff for two people, but if you need something specifically - email me and I will try to find it for you.

Keep in mind that I will have to carry some stuff, so don't go overboard ;)

Dave

packerfan
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Is this the team store at the west side of the stadium, or an altogether different store? Where is it located and is it open only during games?

Thanks

Billyu40
04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Dave. I wasnt trying to be funny. I was actually pretty mad about opening day. It was my first time to go to opening day and it was he11! I sat in traffic for about 2 hours after an hour and a half drive. Then I walk in to the store to find out someone has bought the jerseys I wanted. After that I get drenched while walking the 2 miles back to my car because the game I was called off. Needless to say I did go back on Tuesday. I should have bought a few jerseys but I was too mad at that time to buy a jersey. I would have paid quite a bit for an umbrella:)

Billy

bigtruck260
04-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the obsessive Cardinals world Billy.

People who don't collect stuff go to the store, overspend...and then the item is on eBay in a month because they have no idea what they will do with it.

Be patient...your day will come.

Dave

Birdbats
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Is this the team store at the west side of the stadium, or an altogether different store? Where is it located and is it open only during games?

The Authentics store is on the east side, in right-center field if you're inside. It's open only during games. The Team Store is in the northwest corner; it's open year-round and doesn't have game-used items, just regular souvenirs.

gatorcollector
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Anybody know how much the Eckstein was going for or if it has already sold?

bigtruck260
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Anybody know how much the Eckstein was going for or if it has already sold?

Eckstein was $250 - but was unused as far as I could tell. There were a few items that were there that looked to be simply issued, but were on racks with items that were listed as gamers.

I bought a pair of Rolen shoes that were listed as Worn, but the COA states he didn't wear them. A little disappointing - but Oh well. They are cool and have his number embroidered on the back.

As far a true gamers, there were 3 Skip Schumaker jerseys when I arrived. the WS jersey sold as I was looking at the racks. I picked up the other 06 home jersey - and an away with Hancock patch was there.

2 great Encarnacion jerseys. I picked up the gold-trimmed 07 opening series gamer (look in April pickups for photos).

Plenty of guys that are no longer on the team...J-ROd, Dove, Falkenbourg, etc. and Pettini (bench coach) and Murphy (bullpen catcher). There was also a great Joel Pinero home gamer for $300.

The only Ankiel item was his 07 locker tag ($200)

No Rasmus or major Stars, though there were 2 Duncans on the rack that appeared to have use. ($300)

Plenty of helmets for $50 each (with LOA, unlike the Winter Warm Up)

a smattering of destroyed bats. Jeff Scott would have a field day trying to repair them...especially the maple M9's which looked like they had been partially run through a chipper.

A shattered Chris Duncan bat for $400 is simply and utterly ridiculous.

Dave

bigtruck260
04-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Should have also mentioned that I bought the other Home 06 Schumaker jersey, but it has already been sold to a forum member. I went there to specifically help him out.

See, the forum is an excellent way to network. Scratch my back, and I scratch yours.:D
Dave

frikativ54
04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
i went wednesday night and thursday day (witch was today)

Wow - it isn't too often we see those any more.

DonTheLegend
04-05-2008, 05:38 PM

ive seen a lot of weird things at the ball park.

...never any witches though.

Dave, i am very happy that you scored the Encarnacion jersey.

i left the park feeling bad about walking away from it.

i forgot about seeing the Duncan. wouldnt mind having one. gotta keep the #16 thing going.

im glad you have a good memory. i couldnt remember half of what i seen and i didnt get to hang out for longer than 10 minutes when we went. i wouldve liked to touch everything in the store at least once. maybe next week.

Vintagedeputy
04-05-2008, 07:03 PM

https://www.paganshopping.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/witchbaseballhatpic.gifhttp://img.printfection.com/1/426/980130/g2UMZ.jpg