PDA

View Full Version : Your dreams can come true!

karamaxjoe
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,

For about a year and a half I've been posting a thread on the Items Wanted section for the bat Bill Buckner used in the 1974 World Series. About three years ago the bat got away from me in a Hunt Auction and I've been regretting that ever since. A month ago a former member here emailed me claiming to have the bat and offered it to me. With a valuable assist from Rob Steinmetz, I have since safely purchased the bat and couldn't be happier. I guess the Items Wanted section actually works since I found one of the top few items I'm searching for.

By the way, if you haven't had the the option to view Robs incredible collection of Cardinal and Cub jerseys, consider yourself unlucky. It's expertly displayed and a sight to behold. Thanks again Rob.

Mike

jwasserman
04-04-2008, 06:27 AM
congratulations! that's quite an addition to the collection. it's a great feeling when the chase comes to an end. of course there's always something else to go after

ive been very pleased with the wanted section as well- ive picked up several items i never thought id own.

Hey guys,

For about a year and a half I've been posting a thread on the Items Wanted section for the bat Bill Buckner used in the 1974 World Series. About three years ago the bat got away from me in a Hunt Auction and I've been regretting that ever since. A month ago a former member here emailed me claiming to have the bat and offered it to me. With a valuable assist from Rob Steinmetz, I have since safely purchased the bat and couldn't be happier. I guess the Items Wanted section actually works since I found one of the top few items I'm searching for.

By the way, if you haven't had the the option to view Robs incredible collection of Cardinal and Cub jerseys, consider yourself unlucky. It's expertly displayed and a sight to behold. Thanks again Rob.

Mike

harpt
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Beautiful bat!!

Tay1038
04-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Nice bat Mike! Any luck finding photos with him in the W.S. and the bat?!