So is this how the game used dealers think of game Used Universe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camarokids
    • Jun 2006

So is this how the game used dealers think of game Used Universe?

I found this dealers bizarre comments while looking at his website for the first time .

The site was recommended on the Wanted Section......

Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

• karamaxjoe
    • Nov 2005

Re: So is this how the game used dealers think of game Used Universe?

Mike Quick has had that posted on his website since the old forum days.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• geoff
      • Nov 2005

Never read that before.We don't need someone like this on the Forum anyways.I have meet great people and got great items through this forum.Also learned an awful lot about the Hobby through the Forum and go on the forum everyday.Just my thoughts and I am sure others on here would 100 percent agree with me on this one.

Thanks
      Geoff

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

HE IS WAY OFF!! Since I joined this forum, not only have I learned so much about what to look for in game used items, but people in this forum have pushed me to research hard and as much as possible to ensure what I got or want is legit.

Kudos to this website and everyone involved in it!!

Regards, Tony
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Dewey2007
          • Dec 2007

I heard similar comments about the forum from another dealer I bought a jersey off of awhile back when I had mentioned this site to him in the course of our communication.

It seemed to me at least that his issues with GUU came more from personal issues he had with some particular members of the forum who he knew from being in the hobby and who had questioned an item of his he was selling or had sold.

I just say to each their own.
          sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• ahuff
            • Nov 2005

I've had a run in, or two, with Mike. Personally, I've just decided that I had a weird vibe from him and felt it better if I don't deal with him.
            "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• hrvatwill
              • Jan 2008

This site has helped me tremendously. I wish I had discovered it earlier as I am ashamed to admit that I used to be some of the "stupid money" which took certain certificates of authenticity from purported experts at face value. I was fine as long as I was sticking with baseball jerseys purchased from the Pirates or through Steiner, but when I ventured outside of this realm into football jerseys, I think that I got my clock cleaned. I am sure this site saved me from an eventual several thousand dollar mistake in the future, so I will always be grateful. As a relatively new member, sometimes I do feel that the site is a little cliquish, but fortunately that is the exception rather than the rule and even at that, pales in comparison to the tremendous value this forum creates. No wonder auction houses and dealers engaging in surreptitious activity hate it!

Comment

• mvandor
                Banned
                • Apr 2007

Don't know the guy, probably because it looks like he focuses on baseball and I collect NFL. Very poorly done website though and it looks as though the comments are years old... to each his own, and I wasn't here in those days, for all I know Lampson posted then and that was who he was referring to.

Comment

• camarokids
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by mvandor
                  Don't know the guy, probably because it looks like he focuses on baseball and I collect NFL. Very poorly done website though and it looks as though the comments are years old... to each his own, and I wasn't here in those days, for all I know Lampson posted then and that was who he was referring to.
                  That is pretty funny !

I wasn't here on this site at the time either , but I still don't like his comment.

This site is great ! (even w/out the items for sale section )
                  Thank you,
                  David

This is my email address here!
                  dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                    • Aug 2007

the best part about this forum is how it has educated me on gameused bats. by going tol birdbats website i was able to learn a lot. collecting game used is something that i have wanted to do for a long time and this website has given me the courage to do so without the fear of getting burned. also another key thing this website has taught me is if i have a funny feeling about something just walk away.
                    Baseball do what it do
                    -Ron Washington

Comment

• momen55
                      • Aug 2006

same for me. i have had great transactions, both selling and buying, have met a few, and have learned alot.
                      that statement goes to show us that "the bad is always against the good".

Comment

• bigtruck260
                        • Sep 2007

I was a long time browser while in college...and am now a member.
                        I have not only learned TONS here, I have read extremely well-written arguments about items that fail the sniff test.

Not to mention, I have seen eBay sellers who I was always speculative of come into this forum and disrupt our harmony...leading me to believe that it was a good idea to stay away in the first place.

Finally, I have made plenty of trustworthy friends here. Here's to Jeff, Donny, Joe, Bill, Abe, Mark, Billy, Jolan, Don, Kyle and everyone else. You guys are the best.

Dave
                        Dave
                        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                        River City Redbird Authentics
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• hiramman
                          • Feb 2007

Plus it's quite entertaining!!
                          Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

Comment

• aeneas01
                            • May 2007

i would have extremely strong reservations about doing business with anyone that recommended staying away from this forum. it's as simple as that.

fwiw the guy's ebay name is williemays660 and he's been discussed before...

robert

Comment

• frikativ54
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by aeneas01
                              i would have extremely strong reservations about doing business with anyone that recommended staying away from this forum. it's as simple as that.

fwiw the guy's ebay name is williemays660 and he's been discussed before...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=9678
                              Thanks for that info. I tend to be very skeptical, but I've met some very nice people on here. The biggest thing for me is:

Who legitimately would be afraid of potential buyers getting more information?

What does the seller have to hide?
                              Les Zukor
                              bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                              Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                              (617) 682-0408

Comment

Working...