PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever get the itch that you just had to buy a bat?

Vintagedeputy
04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I can't explain it. Since last night, I feel the need to buy a bat...not sure who. Just wish it could be one of those "ebay steals"......I feel like an addict. :)

Jim

dcrules01
04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I can't explain it. Since last night, I feel the need to buy a bat...not sure who. Just wish it could be one of those "ebay steals"......I feel like an addict. :)

Jim

I am on a daily basis redoing my budget because of that itch...Not always a good thing :);)

zonker
04-05-2008, 09:01 PM
that's not an itch.......that's a monkey! you should see all the plane's shooting at the monkey on my back!! lol!!!

Fnazxc0114
04-05-2008, 09:52 PM
i get that itch all of the time. i might buy a piece here and there if i realy want it but my plan for this year is to save up money and buy one rangers motherday bat and then take about two or three grand to the rangers fan fest next year. its hard not to buy random stuff, but i think by doing what i plan on doing i wont end up with a bunch of random stuff.

Vintagedeputy
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I agree about buying random stuff. I'm guilty of that too.

godwulf
04-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Random stuff, and also duplicates. I'll already have two or three bats of the same player, same make and year, similar condition - but if it's cheap enough, more often than not I'm gonna go for it.

Sometimes it will hit me that the bat I just "had to have", and then stayed up till 1 in the morning to put in a snipe bid on, is leaning up against a wall with fifty other bats, with no room to display any of them...and I think that I've become something of an "accumulator", rather than a collector. That is a danger.

mvandor
04-06-2008, 09:20 AM
It's a compulsion, try Collector's Anonymous. It can get outa control as I've learned the hard way!

:D

AWA85
04-06-2008, 01:12 PM
The start of the baseball season is not helping me at all. That itch sure is hard to pass up right now for me.

TFig27
04-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I would go see a doctor to get that "itch" taken care of :D

JETEFAN
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I would go see a doctor to get that "itch" taken care of :D

I recommend Gold Bond medicated Powder, Preparation H or a Mattingly Rookie Bat :eek:

George