PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's mother donating high-end items for ebay auction

orangebowl
02-23-2006, 01:49 PM
For the high rollers out there, the Chicago Tribune today reported that Michael Jordan's mother, Deloris, has donated items to the James Jordan Foundation which will be auctioned on ebay starting tomorrow.

"Michael Jordan's mother, Deloris Jordan, will be donating memorabilia from her son's early career and from her personal collection to the James Jordan Foundation for auction. The auction runs Friday through March 2 exclusively on eBay. The items are being released to the public to support the domestic and international work of the James Jordan Foundation. Some of the items up for bidding include Jordan's first pair of rookie shoes--signed red, white and black shoes originally banned by the NBA; a Laney Buccaneer sweater from Michael's senior year of high school; a gold and diamond-encrusted bracelet given to Deloris by Michael. The bracelet is etched with "World Champions--Chicago Bulls" along with three trophies; and Michael's Team USA 1984 and 1992 jersey and shorts."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0602230180feb23,1,2595821.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

I'm sure the opening bids will be high due to the charitable nature of the auctions, but I'll be interested in seeing what his 1984 Team USA jersey goes for, especially if it is game-used.

byergo
02-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Seems like Jordan's mom would keep a personalized bracelet from her son.

mmonte4
02-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Seems like Jordan's mom would keep a personalized bracelet from her son.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe there was a falling out b/w them