Jake Peavy game used batting helmet....probably....well, not really.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Jake Peavy game used batting helmet....probably....well, not really.......

It goes from "Jake Peavy game used batting helmet" to....

"probably used by Jake Peavy" to....

"I have no physical evidence that this helmet relates to the exact year/years that Peavy played with the Bay Bears or that he physically used it himself"

whew! I'm glad that we cleared that up!

Jim
  • harrid4
    • Jan 2008

Re: Jake Peavy game used batting helmet....probably....well, not really.......

Yeah, I got very excited when I saw this listing this morning. Oh well, at least the guy was honest in some portion of the listing.

Comment

• geoff
      • Nov 2005

I saw the helmet late last night and was like wow a Peavy Helmet.I have never seen one before.But am going to stay away because the seller is not sure.I agree that he was up front about the helmet.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

I emailed the seller and basically told him how he was trying to creatively make a buyer assume that Peavy used it, Here is his reponse.....

"Dear vintagedeputy,

Just wanted to fully disclose that I have no evidence... I very easily could have left all of that out and sold it as game used by Peavy, but that wouldn't be very honest - so this is why it is disclosed the way it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't purchased and "resold" without a disclosure and someone reaps much much more than I (the honest person) will probably get. Thanks for your interest, Stephen"

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
          • Oct 2005

I lectured the seller a bit and he replied with this...

Dear vintagedeputy,

I have taken your suggestions into account and put a ? in the title and also removed the word "probably" as I go back and reread - you are correct in that that work is misleading. Again, my attempt is not to misguide someone. If you want - please reread and see if to your liking any better. Regards, Stephen

Comment

Working...