PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this

sfgiants452
02-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering what other people's opinions where on this piece. It is a supposedly game used jacket of Barry Bonds. Do you think it is authentic? Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8769176317&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anthony

allstarsplus
02-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Anthony - For a $100 opening bid it may be worth it to wear to the stadium. As far as this ever being touched by Barry? Doubtful.

Barry once had a Bonds Authenticated memorabilia company run by Steve Hoskins and during 2000 2001 2002 each of Barry's gamer jerseys, jackets, and pullovers should have been embroidered with a Bonds Authenticated tag (see pic below). Additionally I would expect the piece to be auto'd and accompanied by the Bonds hologram. On top of that I would want to see "game use".

They embroidered these items before they went into use so if a jersey got out there with the Bonds Authenticated tag but wasn't signed the Bonds collector would know it was a gamer but not necessarily game used since it didn't have the hologram and signature.

Here is what the tagging looks like:

Here's what the COA would look like:

And an example of the hologram (sorry about the flash) and the sig:

There are some great Bonds collectors on the site that hopefully can shed some light too. For good Bonds items try Coveh at bbondsfan@msn.com

Thanks. Andrew
info@AllstarsPlus.com