PDA

View Full Version : What Percentage of Game Used Dealers shop ebay ?

camarokids
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Title says it all . I have seen game used bats that were once on ebay show up in dealers inventory on their websites . Usually at quite a mark up in price .......

Just like the Montana Jersey in another thread .

I remember asking a dealer if an item came from ebay and was told "we don't buy from ebay" .

I was thinking to myself "you are full of cocka"

bigtruck260
04-08-2008, 02:24 PM
There is a dealer in Southern Illinois that is always bidding on Cardinals bats - I have seen bats that I once bid on in their inventory at shows...with at least a 30% markup.

Good for them. If I was in this business, I would try to make every dollar out there. I am pretty sure all dealers are suffering right now (if not, most).

Dave

bagbig
04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
JT Sports is always buying bats on ebay and then they go up on his site.

Birdbats
04-08-2008, 05:34 PM
There is a dealer in Southern Illinois that is always bidding on Cardinals bats - I have seen bats that I once bid on in their inventory at shows...with at least a 30% markup.

Dave, don't you mean Southern Indiana?

I see national dealers bidding on eBay all the time -- even those who advertise how they get their items "directly from the players." The scary thing is they're not necessarily buying good items. Just this past week, a well-known dealer from Georgia bought two Cardinals jerseys that were sketchy; one definitely was too large for the player.

camarokids
04-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I just wanted to clarify something : I love buying on ebay , I get quite a few of the items I buy from ebay .

Now what I think is funny and hypocritical . Some game used dealers try to talk down on ebay .

It seems these same dealers are buying on ebay as well.......