PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Mets Partnership not renewed for 2008

metsbats
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Steiner has decided not to renew it's partnership with the Mets for the 2008 season. I"m sure some of you have received this notice from your sales rep.

I look forward to seeing how the team will be marketing their game used items and Shea Stadium memorabilia going foward. My guess they would go the route of other teams via MLB.

David

suave1477
04-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Metsbats, I would assume they would do it via MLB because thats how the Mets were doing it before and it's still how there doing it now.

Vintagedeputy
04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
darn, I was really hoping to get a Steiner authenticated "7 game slide" jersey..... :)

ifirocked
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
it's funny how you have to hear this form someone other then Steiner.

metsbats
04-10-2008, 03:23 PM

ifirocked,

Just to clarify, Steiner customers who are on their regular mailing list got notification via email from their sales reps. As a Steiner customer, it was good of them to notify their customer base personally rather than having to reading it thru the Mets official MLB website of which Met-Steiner has been a regular site feature.

So Steiner did notify customers provided you were on their emailing list.

David

allstarsplus
04-10-2008, 06:41 PM

I got an email from Bob Malandro this morning, and I am trying to get clarification as to what the system is for Spring Training items as I purchased a couple of jerseys last week.

Andrew

ifirocked
04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
at the moment i am rep-less as joseph long left last week.

ham1963
04-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey ifirocked, I am also in the same boat 1st Brett Freidman left then Joe Long became my rep then he left and now I am rep-less. I wonder what is going on at Steiner:confused: :confused:
John

ifirocked
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
i miss brett. he was the best. always willing to look something up if needed. i talked to him yesterday and he is doing well. he said he was going to the mets game last night.

allstarsplus
04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I got an email from Bob Malandro this morning, and I am trying to get clarification as to what the system is for Spring Training items as I purchased a couple of jerseys last week.

Andrew
I spoke to Bob Malandro today and they will not be getting the 2008 Spring Training Mets jerseys.

Andrew

metsbats
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Andrew: I think we found where your jerseys wound up....

My friend and fellow board member Jessie (ultimetfan) was at Shea yesterday and reported seeing game used items from spring training for sale at a stand near the food concessions, childrens store and video game station. He reported two Met employees manning the game used concession. Items had tags but no MLB holograms or COAs available.

He states that all the prices were more outragously higher than normal ($500 for an Angel Pagan Gu bat).

I can't wait till my first game at Shea this year to see the GU concession stand.

Perhaps I can buy a game used helmet and then walk to the ice cream concession to have it filled with vanilla ice cream.

David

ultimetfan
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

David is quoting me correctly. It was a little crazy. If anybody (who has been to the food court at shea) knows the little concession store (no jokes please) between the Subway shop and the video game station, they had all the "normal" wares removed and the clothing rack was filled with GU spring training jerseys. Mostly White alternates and some Pinstripes. No BP or road jerseys. They had Wright and Santana in Cases.

I asked about those and one of the young men said $ 5000.00 each.

I asked about the Pagan bat and was told $ 500.00

At that point my niece wanted ice cream, and I only had $20.00 anyway ;)

No LOA, no hologram (at least at that time)

Now the wierd part. I didn't know about the end of the Steiner relationship until I spoke to Dave (MetsBats). I proceeded to the Nike store behind homeplate that has that cubby called "Amazin Memorabilia" where Steiner hawked ther stuff in-game, and they were selling scratch-off lotto tickets and those commerative Shea bats.

Yikes. I hope my team doesn't screw this up.

Anybody have any in-team contacts to find out what their plans are?

Best,
Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and bats from: Sid Fernandez, Terry Leach, Doug Sisk, Barry Lyons, Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell, Tim Corcoran

ultimetfan
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Weird, not wierd

Best
Jessie

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR METS CATCHER ITEMS and bats from: Sid Fernandez, Terry Leach, Doug Sisk, Barry Lyons, Bruce Berenyl, Ed Lynch, Randy Niemann, Rick Anderson, John Mitchell, Tim Corcoran

allstarsplus
04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Andrew: I think we found where your jerseys wound up....

My friend and fellow board member Jessie (ultimetfan) was at Shea yesterday and reported seeing game used items from spring training for sale at a stand near the food concessions, childrens store and video game station. He reported two Met employees manning the game used concession. Items had tags but no MLB holograms or COAs available.

He states that all the prices were more outragously higher than normal ($500 for an Angel Pagan Gu bat).

I can't wait till my first game at Shea this year to see the GU concession stand.

Perhaps I can buy a game used helmet and then walk to the ice cream concession to have it filled with vanilla ice cream.

David

David is quoting me correctly. It was a little crazy. If anybody (who has been to the food court at shea) knows the little concession store (no jokes please) between the Subway shop and the video game station, they had all the "normal" wares removed and the clothing rack was filled with GU spring training jerseys. Mostly White alternates and some Pinstripes. No BP or road jerseys. They had Wright and Santana in Cases.

I asked about those and one of the young men said $ 5000.00 each.
David & Ultimetfan - That sounds about "wright" as I was quoted a wholesale price off of that.

I appreciate the information.

Andrew