PDA

View Full Version : Canseco selling 40/40 items

kingjammy24
02-24-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.josecanseco.com/item.aspx?id=64

Pretty neat. Too bad about the $25k price tag.

The funny thing is that, in my foggy memory, I seem to recall that when Canseco first began selling off his collection on his Web site a few years ago, he had these 40/40 items (the bat, ball, cleats, and base) for sale in a display case. The bat was on the left, the cleats under the bat, and the base on the right. Also, I seem to recall that the 40/40 base in that display case had all sorts of notations by Canseco pertaining to it being the 40/40 base, the date, the location, etc., all written in black marker.
Does anyone remember that 40/40 display that he was selling? Or have I gone nutballs.

Rudy.

suave1477
02-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I think that s a great piece to have, even with all the controversy around him about the roids. It's in baseball history and that recod will not be erased. So if you can afford this piece of history. I would!!!

Too bad though i am already buying that Babe Ruth ball for $5,000 and I have to rob a bank for the $425,000 for the Jordan sneakers. Does anyone have $25k to loan me?

Swoboda4
02-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I would GUESS these 4 items are $5,000 over the real value. If they are genuine they probably can get the asking price. You know Steiner would be in the ballpark of $5,000 each item(game used AND historically significant). On the site it also has an article from Kostya Kennedy from Sports Illustrated. In it she claims Canseco is her 2005 Sportsman of the Year! Isn't she forgeting that Canseco's book was out of retribution and that had he been capable of continuing and reach 500 home runs,all this "good" his book and testimony did would never have happened.
http://www.josecanseco.com/newsItem.aspx?newsID=18

martindl
02-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Rudy,
I don't think you've gone nutballs,,,not over this anyway.

I'm very fuzzy too, but am sure i remember seeing the notated and signed base from the 40/40. Now, he could have had all three bases from the game and each is or has been offered up, but theres only one that could be the base he stole.

Maybe Jose is just stealing a little more..........