Game Used "BASE" Display

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jays1fan

Game Used "BASE" Display

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has some Pics of their Game Used Bases in some type of Display ? I saw a cool Caseworks Display case for a Game Used Base, but they want as much as the Base cost. So I am looking for othe ideas.
    Or if you own a memorabila shop or Display case shop and can get those Display Case cheap and would want to trade 3 of them for my Game Used memorabila , lmk.
    Thanks !
  • orioles03
    • Dec 2005

Re: Game Used "BASE" Display

i had the caeworks case but one day i took it off the wall to show someone and i did not put it back up and stuff got piled up on it and i stepped on it and cracked it it was not worth the money the pins on the top would not stay in and the backing kept coming out i did not send it back i did not think was worth the time it is in my closet since is sold the base i like caseworks i have a few thing but this was the worst i purchased from them
    orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• Jays1fan

Thanks for the Tip.
      Do you think you would have giving it a better review if you had left it on the wall ? Just curious. I saw another design on ebay but it really is a shadow box type. I like the Caseworks one since it extends out from the frame. Kinda of thinking I may just mount them to the wall with-out any covering since these things sit outside all year round. So a little Dust should not hurt them ?

Would still like to see some pics of how everyone displays their Bases.
      Scott

Comment

• orioles03
        • Dec 2005

it was in another bedroom behind a arcade machine and nascar sheetmetal and room was a mess so it was easier to take it off the wall than move a 600 pound arcade machine my dumb fault for leaving it sit on the floor and not putting it back .
        orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jays1fan

Would still like to see some pics of how everyone displays their Bases.
          Scott
          Scott - Here was one I did with Caseworks. Steiner also does a great custom case. I will try to find a pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ripken_game_used_base.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	643853

Andrew
          Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• Jays1fan

Originally posted by allstarsplus
            Scott - Here was one I did with Caseworks. Steiner also does a great custom case. I will try to find a pic.

[ATTACH]13069[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Andrew,

How Old is that Display ? I noticed the Outside Frame Looks different on the New ones on their web site and ebay. What did that cost you ?
            That is the Style I think LOOKS the best from what I have seen.
            Thanks,
            SCott

PS - How do YOU like yours ?

Comment

• mr.miracle
              • Apr 2006

Here is a link to another style desktop display case for bases in case you have one with the post still attached and don't want to remove it or cannot remove it. http://www.teamlogocases.com/product...oducts_id/1384

I do not own one of these but was thinking of buying one at some point as I have a current need for a case preferably one that would support the post still in the case. As previously mentioned, these things are not cheap at all. If you want the UV protection I think they run like $250.00.
              Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                • Aug 2006

Scott,

I designed one myself, spec'd it out, bought the materials and built it. It's a base from the Mets-Yankees 2005 subway series, and is framed/matted with a full unused ticket from the game and a photo from the game. I posted photos of it when I completed it. If you missed that thread, here is a link to it:

Regards,
                Nick
                Looking for ...
                Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

Here is a display that Steiner sells:

Click image for larger version

Name:	img4785368.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	643887

Andrew
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• Jays1fan

Nick ,

How did you mount the base to the display ? There are no Plates on mine. Very nicely done.

Andrew,

I like the Steiner one, but you know they would cost more than the Caseworks one. lol

Comment

• Jays1fan

Just got 2 New Blue Jays "Opening Day Bases in today.

Still looking for some ideas on how to display.

Comment

Working...