PDA

View Full Version : Game Used "BASE" Display

Jays1fan
04-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has some Pics of their Game Used Bases in some type of Display ? I saw a cool Caseworks Display case for a Game Used Base, but they want as much as the Base cost. So I am looking for othe ideas.
Or if you own a memorabila shop or Display case shop and can get those Display Case cheap and would want to trade 3 of them for my Game Used memorabila , lmk.
Thanks !

orioles03
04-12-2008, 02:19 PM
i had the caeworks case but one day i took it off the wall to show someone and i did not put it back up and stuff got piled up on it and i stepped on it and cracked it it was not worth the money the pins on the top would not stay in and the backing kept coming out i did not send it back i did not think was worth the time it is in my closet since is sold the base i like caseworks i have a few thing but this was the worst i purchased from them

Jays1fan
04-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the Tip.
Do you think you would have giving it a better review if you had left it on the wall ? Just curious. I saw another design on ebay but it really is a shadow box type. I like the Caseworks one since it extends out from the frame. Kinda of thinking I may just mount them to the wall with-out any covering since these things sit outside all year round. So a little Dust should not hurt them ?

Would still like to see some pics of how everyone displays their Bases.
Scott

orioles03
04-12-2008, 06:10 PM
it was in another bedroom behind a arcade machine and nascar sheetmetal and room was a mess so it was easier to take it off the wall than move a 600 pound arcade machine my dumb fault for leaving it sit on the floor and not putting it back .

allstarsplus
04-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Would still like to see some pics of how everyone displays their Bases.
Scott

Scott - Here was one I did with Caseworks. Steiner also does a great custom case. I will try to find a pic.

Andrew

Jays1fan
04-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Scott - Here was one I did with Caseworks. Steiner also does a great custom case. I will try to find a pic.

Andrew

Andrew,

How Old is that Display ? I noticed the Outside Frame Looks different on the New ones on their web site and ebay. What did that cost you ?
That is the Style I think LOOKS the best from what I have seen.
Thanks,
SCott

PS - How do YOU like yours ?

mr.miracle
04-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Here is a link to another style desktop display case for bases in case you have one with the post still attached and don't want to remove it or cannot remove it. http://www.teamlogocases.com/product_info.php/products_id/1384

I do not own one of these but was thinking of buying one at some point as I have a current need for a case preferably one that would support the post still in the case. As previously mentioned, these things are not cheap at all. If you want the UV protection I think they run like $250.00.

TNTtoys
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Scott,

I designed one myself, spec'd it out, bought the materials and built it. It's a base from the Mets-Yankees 2005 subway series, and is framed/matted with a full unused ticket from the game and a photo from the game. I posted photos of it when I completed it. If you missed that thread, here is a link to it:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13746

Regards,
Nick

allstarsplus
04-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Here is a display that Steiner sells:

Andrew

Jays1fan
04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Nick ,

How did you mount the base to the display ? There are no Plates on mine. Very nicely done.

Andrew,

I like the Steiner one, but you know they would cost more than the Caseworks one. lol

Jays1fan
04-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Just got 2 New Blue Jays "Opening Day Bases in today.

Still looking for some ideas on how to display.