PDA

View Full Version : josh hamilton

Fnazxc0114
04-12-2008, 04:33 PM
got to meet josh hamilton today at a local signing. it wasnt advertised well so there werent too many people. he sat around and talked for a whil after he signed. i handed him a g/u s44 louisville slugger and he looked at it and laughed and said the ole s44. pretty cool. i did find out that big leaguers get paid every two weeks like the rest of us and that they dont get paid in the off season. pretty interesting.

Jags Fan Dan
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
That is cool! I bet after all he has been through he is pretty down to earth. On the whole pay issue, this is very "through the grapevine", but there is a girl at work who's boyfirend is very good friends with Mark Mulder. She said one time she saw one of his pay stubs and it was well into six figures. That must be nice!!!

Fnazxc0114
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
luckily for me the rangers have him for two more years till he's eligible for arbitration. but when it comes time somebody will be forking of some big bucks for josh hamilton. last night he hit the furthest shot i have ever seen in the ballpark.

10thMan
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I followed Hamilton & Sean Burroughs carreers. It`s awesome to see Josh walk through all that & start doing well. So many people wanna tear someone down, it`s double duty with personal issues like that. I have a 1999 Bowman Chrome Box Topper of Josh, I think they`re pretty rare.
Sean

cjclong
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Fnazyc0114, where was the signing with Hamilton and how did you hear about it? If he has another I would like to try to go it.

Fnazxc0114
04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
it was at ridgemar mall in fort worth. i heard about it on signings hotline. it was a 70 mile drive for me but well worth it josh

Neely8
04-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm still pissed the Reds traded him and really still have no idea why they did.

Jags Fan Dan
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm still pissed the Reds traded him and really still have no idea why they did.
I was flabbergasted when I found out they dealt him, but a good starting pitcher is easily worth a great outfielder, and it looks like (very early to try to tell) that is what the Reds got in Volquez. So I have come to accept it.

AWA85
04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Hamilton has a ton of potential but he played in less than a 100 games last year. Anytime you can trade an outfielder for a start pitcher with potential, you have to take the deal. I am very happy with a young power pitcher like the Reds got than Hamilton on the team. Having some of these young pitching prospects hitting the Reds sure beats the Miltons, Wilsons and so on that the Reds have been running out there year after year.

I wish Josh the best, but I am happy with the trade no matter how Volquez's season goes.

Fnazxc0114
04-16-2008, 05:47 PM
i am happy with the trade as well. josh seems pretty fan friendly which is a far cry from the majority of the other rangers players. when volques was coming up he was part of the DVD combination. John Danks, Eddison Volquez, and Thomas Diamond. Well the rangers traded the d and the v in the combo and the other d had tommy john last year. i dont think volquez would have reached his full potential in our organization so best of luck with him. hopefully hamilton will have a great year as well.