Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dafivehole
    • Dec 2005

Grey Flannel - Marino jersey...

The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.

Marino obviously got hurt in early October that year in Cleveland and his season was over... the pics I've seen show his sleeves to have the green/orange/green striping on the ends (as well as the JR patch)... and the Wilson "W" is right up under the logo on each sleeve. This jersey shows the correct "W" placement but the sleeves have been cut off right after one large green stripe... has anyone seen something different than this for 1993?!? That's a great Leyritz story but come on... the proof is in the pictures!

Roger
  • dafivehole
    • Dec 2005

Re: Grey Flannel - Marino jersey...

Sorry, I wish we could edit posts here... the "W" placement is correct for that year (in 1994, the "W" is up under the logo)... so basically the sleeve stripes are wrong but the "W" placement is correct on this jersey.

Is anyone else confused

Roger

Comment

• mvandor
      Banned
      • Apr 2007

Below has right sleeves but different logo placement from 1992 AFC Championship Game - Buffalo Bills vs Miami Dolphins - January 17, 1993.

Have to wonder if that isn't one of the extra jerseys players have made up for family and friends, or perhaps a pre-season 93 one. Can't find that many 93 pics on Getty for Marino due to the injury and no pre-season ones.

Comment

• iceman13
        • Aug 2006

Roger, I have a videomatched 93 Marino worn in the preseason against the Falcons. It has the alternating aqua-orange-aqua striping.

Comment

• dafivehole
          • Dec 2005

Based on Kory's '93 pre-season jersey, I'd say that the GF jersey has some "issues" to say the least... I still can't believe that these auction houses just throw jerseys out there without ANY research... I mean wouldn't you at least go to Getty to verify the style of jersey I guess Jim Leyritz's name carries some weight in the hobby (similar to that of Lou Lampson's)...

Roger

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

YOU BETTER BELIEVE ITS REAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Eric
              • Jan 1970

Marino sold for $3630
              The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.
              Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• dafivehole
                • Dec 2005

Someone just threw away $3630... what a waste

Roger

Comment

Working...