PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Magic Johnson jersey specs please.

JasonM33
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm interested to know what to look for on a 1990-91 season Magic Johnson jersey. His last full season before he retired (the first time, lol). I thought I was told that there was a Lakers expert here. If anyone has any information that they are willing to share I'd sure appreciate it.

Size?

Added lenth?

Manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

-Jason M

gameusedhoop
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Not an expert by any means, but I do have some knowledge of 90-91 tagging, and your post will be bumped up to the top again for more exposure, so here it goes....90-91 was the conversion year from Sand-Knit to Champion and the tagging is very inconsistant from team to team, even within the same team for late additions, trades etc.
Most jerseys that I have seen have the common Champion size tag with the C logo and large font size designation. Many of these jerseys still have the Sand-Knit "Designed and Tailored for XXXX" tag, the Sand-Knit year tag, and Sand-Knit extra length tags etc.

Some jerseys (including the Clippers) have a papery feeling (not cloth) D+T tag, with the year, extra length etc., which is the same size as the Champion size tag. It is similar to following years Champion D+T tags, except is has no Champion or NBA logo on it. It is very plain with information only, no decorative aspects.

The only "good" Magic's that I remember seeing were the Champion - Sand-Knit mix. If I remember correctly (it's been 15 years now) Magic was in a 46 +3", I believe he wasn't in a 48 until his comeback.

Others can add to this, and maybe correct some of it, but at least you have a start. Good luck, STEVE.

JasonM33
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the reply.

-Jason M

JasonM33
04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I've been seeing some "pro-cut" 1991 Magic jerseys in a size 44 plus 3 inches extra length. 44 seems a little small to me. Anyone else have any thoughts?

-Jason M