PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!! Posada Game Used Bat

suave1477
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey Guys Does Any One Here Have Or No Where I Can Find A Picture Of Jorge Posada Using A Black Bat During The (2007) Season.

I Have Checked Getty And It Seems Like During Regular Season Games He Always Used A Blonde/natural Wood Bat.

im Specifically Looking For 2007 Season
Does Anyone Have A Picture Of Him Using A Black Bat During A Regular Season Game Or Know Where A Pic Is Of Him Using One?

chakes89
04-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I have found this pic of him holding a black bat:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/chakes89/Jorge.jpg

New York Yankees' Jorge Posada waits his turn to take batting practice before a baseball game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thursday night July 12, 2007 in St. Petersburg, Fla. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara)

Not sure if you can tell but it's a black Maurcci that has his name on it

I will keep looking

BMH
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
His last order for black bats from us was Oct of 2006. For all of 2007 and this year he's ordered the FTNL finish.

He's only uses the Marucci in BP.

suave1477
04-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Chakes I definitely appreciate the help, I was aware that Posada is using Marruci bats for Batting Practice if you see any others I appreciate it.

BMH I appreciate your help as well that is very valuble information thank you.

suave1477
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Heres a good question though, why would Posada orders bats at the end of October? I would only assume to have some for the following Spring Training but if thats the case and I cant find him using any Black Bats during a game from Spring Season and Regular Season. Where did all those black bats go????? hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

chakes89
04-15-2008, 11:12 PM
What brand are you looking for?

Louisville?

suave1477
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Chakes Louisville Slugger its the only Brand Posada uses during Regular Season Games.

chakes89
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh Ok

I didn't know that

I will look more tomorrow

BMH
04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Heres a good question though, why would Posada orders bats at the end of October? I would only assume to have some for the following Spring Training but if thats the case and I cant find him using any Black Bats during a game from Spring Season and Regular Season. Where did all those black bats go????? hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

At the time they were in the play offs so he was ordering bats. It was only for 4 bats. During Spring Training he orders 48 at a time and during the regular season usually 36 at a time.

I've seen a lot of his Smith finish Ash bats being used by other players on his team and different teams. I think he orders for others since some of them believe he gets better wood than they do...well, he is my favorite player :)