PDA

View Full Version : Mike Schmidt Bat Records

kahuna23
02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have Mike Schmidts bat records specifically the ones for Rawlings/Adirondack. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Yankwood
02-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I know some of the Adirondack models are MS20, 154A, 256X among others. Schmidt hardly ever used Louisvilles but I'm aware of K55. I'm sure the other guys will have more to add. I do know that he put red tape around most of the Louisvilles he used to make them look like Adirondacks.

JimCaravello
02-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Steve - Yankwood's Adirondack model numbers I believe are correct based on what I have seen in the market over the years. He is also correct in saying that Schmidt had a contract with Adirondack and when he did use Louisville Slugger bats, sometimes he would put a piece of red tape on the upper handle so it looked like an Adirondack bat. Shcmidt's Louisville Slugger bats were block letter. John Taube has a Hickory Schmidt bat for sale on his webiste - www.gameusedbats.com (http://www.gameusedbats.com) under Classic Collectibles.

To my knowledge, no one has cracked into the Adirondack shipping records that I know of - that includes dealers, authenticators and collectors. If I am wrong, someone let me know. Mike and I do not have any Adirondack shipping records. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Jim