PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Mets Free Autograph Signing Tomorrow

suave1477
02-25-2006, 01:29 PM
HELLO FELLOW MEMBERS - In case anyone is interested some of the 1986 Mets will be signing for free tomorrow at shea stadium
Here are the players

Howard Johnson
Mookie Wilson
Ron Darling
Sid Fernandez
Tim Tuefel

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

Swoboda4
02-25-2006, 02:08 PM
suave1477,what time is the signing? Did you get the Strawberry G/U Met jacket that adamh was selling? Let me know before I bring my DiMaggio baseballs to the pawn shop. Below is a photo available w/negative and rights from seller lexibell.-Robert
http://www.arthurrickerby.com/ebay/0111w/0111w303.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-Darryl-Strawberry-New-York-Mets-Slide-w-Rights_W0QQitemZ8769885515QQcategoryZ44817QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
02-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey Swoboda, the signing is tomorrow at 9am.
NOOOOOOO not the pawn shop lol lol
Actually I would pick up the jacket from adamh, but right now I am trying to concentrate my finances in jerseys and bats - i do like the other items, but it is not financially wise for me to pic those up right now.
Lexibell always sells negatives of strawberry I have already icked up a few from him, there are great i had a few blown up and i had Strawberry autograph them.
That one you posted is really nice i saw it myself on ebay, i just dont like that its not at a straight angle

Swoboda4
02-25-2006, 02:46 PM
In regard to the Strawberry Giants uniform. This morning on ESPNClassics there was a show on Strawberry and Gooden. The point is,during the show they focused in on Strawberry wearing the Giants home uniform w/ MLB 100 anniversary patch good enough that if you could tape the show when rebroadcast it would be a good source for photo match I hope you eventually will do.

suave1477
02-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Hello Swoboda thanks for the tip

island_style
02-26-2006, 04:39 AM
HELLO FELLOW MEMBERS - In case anyone is interested some of the 1986 Mets will be signing for free tomorrow at shea stadium
Here are the players

Howard Johnson
Mookie Wilson
Ron Darling
Sid Fernandez
Tim Tuefel

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

I wish I had known earlier! I have some Sid Fernandez items that I would have like to get signed.

That being said, I'm trying to find out about tagging on a 1991 Fernandez Mets jersey. It's a Rawlings road grey and has a Rawlings tag inside the left front tail. Another sewn tag reads, "91R." Sid pitched for the Mets in 1991. Does anyone know what the "R" indicates? Thanks.

Eric
02-26-2006, 12:20 PM
FYI

The event is being covered live on Ed Randall's Talkin' Baseball on WFAn here in New York. When I was listening he had a chat with Tim Teufel and then El Sid
Eric