PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Meigray

MUSEOVEN
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM
HELLO: THE LAST MONTH I ORDER FROM MEIGRAY.COM A TEXAS RANGERS BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY OF DARWIN CUBILLAN, THE NUMBER IN THE BACK OF THE JERSEY IS 45. BUT YESTERDAY I CHECK IN THIS PAGE http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=cubilda01 AND I FOUND THAT CUBILLAN IN TEXAS USE THE NUMBER 57.. IS MAIGRAY OR BASEBALL ALMANAC WRONG?.. PLEASE HELP ME:confused: :confused:

lund6771
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Have you called them directly to discuss this?

Meigray is as good as it gets, and remember that anyone can make a mistake...it's how it's handled is why there custo,er service is awesome

MUSEOVEN
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes I Send A Email And They Say Thath In His Records Cubillan Use The Numbre 45...

R. C. Walker
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
According to the book "Now Batting, Number . . ." page 244, Darwin Cubillan wore 45. 57 is not listed as being worn by him.

BarryMeisel
04-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi MuseOven,

We did check, as you can see, that No. 45 was Cubillan's number, according to the Texas Rangers. I am glad that RC Walker found another book to corroborate our research.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with this info, as I want you to be comfortable with the jersey.

Regards,
Barry Meisel, MeiGray

nyjetsfan14
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi MuseOven,

We did check, as you can see, that No. 45 was Cubillan's number, according to the Texas Rangers. I am glad that RC Walker found another book to corroborate our research.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with this info, as I want you to be comfortable with the jersey.

Regards,
Barry Meisel, MeiGray

As a NY Jets fan and collector of only NY Jets pieces I have never purchased an item from MeiGray but the way you represent yourselves here in such a professional manner with unmatched customer care and concern is impressive to say the least. All too often quotes like "standard of the industry" are thrown around easily but just from my impressions I would think MeiGray would have to warrant such a label. Maybe one day you'll work with the Jets and I will have the pleasure of dealing with you but until then it is refreshing to see you continue to put customers and customer staisfaction first, you're posts are always a delightful read.

Matthew

lund6771
04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Matt...there is no bull with Meigray...they are awesome

BarryMeisel
04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the kind words.

I do not often post about items from my personal collection, but as someone who grew up a Jets fan and as a kid idolized Namath and the AFL Jets, I've enjoyed seeing your collection.

One of my favorite items in my collection is my 1968 Johnny Sample sample photo-matched (to pictures in Sample's book) and video-matched to Super Bowl III.

If you're ever looking to move any vintage Jets items, '60s and '70s, I'd love to get a shot.

Regards,
Barry

BarryMeisel
04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
OOPS. I mean Sample jersey.

Barry

nyjetsfan14
04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the kind words.

I do not often post about items from my personal collection, but as someone who grew up a Jets fan and as a kid idolized Namath and the AFL Jets, I've enjoyed seeing your collection.

One of my favorite items in my collection is my 1968 Johnny Sample sample photo-matched (to pictures in Sample's book) and video-matched to Super Bowl III.

If you're ever looking to move any vintage Jets items, '60s and '70s, I'd love to get a shot.

Regards,
Barry

I have read Sample's book (I think I have every book ever written on the Titans/Jets) and it is a great read...he was an ELITE corner and student of the game (the book was cutting edge for its time). Having been cast out of the NFL I doubt anybody savored the SB III win any more than him. Needless to say your jersey sounds like an incredible piece of history.

However, I would like to know when you crossed over to the dark side? You mention you grew up a Jets fan but in another thread you mention being an avid New Jersey Giants fan? It's never too late to come back from the misguided souls and support the green and white. With a solid draft to go with the FA signings there might not be much room on the bandwagon come November or so.

GO JETS!

BarryMeisel
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Matthew,

I know this against natural law for New Yorkers, but I do root for both Giants and Jets (I do root only for the Mets and Rangers). I will admit that I turned over in 1997, after covering the Giants for the New York Daily News (I am a former sportswriter and found that the organization was full of sincere, genuine people). When I left the News, I began rooting for them.

I still love Gang Green, and pray for a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. What would I do? I have no idea. But please let me have such a problem.

All the best,
Barry

nyjetsfan14
04-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Matthew,

I know this against natural law for New Yorkers, but I do root for both Giants and Jets (I do root only for the Mets and Rangers). I will admit that I turned over in 1997, after covering the Giants for the New York Daily News (I am a former sportswriter and found that the organization was full of sincere, genuine people). When I left the News, I began rooting for them.

I still love Gang Green, and pray for a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. What would I do? I have no idea. But please let me have such a problem.

All the best,
Barry

Hahaha, many people turned over after the NY Jets 1996 season! Not me Barry, I stayed strong and look what I got - Doug Brien's two missed playoff FG's at Pittsburgh! Drop me a quick note if you get bored sometime Barry, I have a question or two for you and always enjoy a little Jets conversation.

Matthew
nyjetsfan14@yahoo.com

BarryMeisel
04-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Matthew,

Anytime, call me toll-free at MeiGray, 888-463-4472.

Thanks,
Barry

ChrisCavalier
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Anytime, call me toll-free at MeiGray, 888-463-4472.

Thanks,
Barry
I will add that I have tremendously enjoyed my conversations with Barry. I finally had the chance to meet him in person at the Super Bowl (GUU was set up at the NFL Experience and Barry was kind enough to come by and say hello) and I have also spoken with him on the phone on numerous occasions. I believe he genuinely has a similar passion as many here who hope to address the many problems in the hobby and I hope to have many more conversations with him in the future.

Sincerely,
Chris

WOODFERN
04-20-2008, 10:36 AM
After reading these posts, I would just like to say that Barry Meisel and all of his staff are the best. I have made a number of purchases from him right when he first started Meigray and he is simply the best. When it comes to game worn equiptment, Meigray does their homework. You will never be disappointed. Go Rangers! George