PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Jackson Fielding Glove on ebay ......

camarokids
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi ,

There is a Edwin Jackson Rawlings Fielding Glove on ebay currently .

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Edwin-Jackson-Game-Used-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Glove_W0QQitemZ370043417955QQihZ024QQcategoryZ6059 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The glove looks legit and nice and all .

But , the seller says the glove was used in 2007 , the date code EOEA translates to July 2003 . Jackson was not with the Bottom Feeders till 2006 .

What do you think the chances are it was used in 2007 ????

I checked getty and he is pictured using the same type of glove except it has green stitching with his full name instead of just Jackson in purple thread like the one on ebay.....

camarokids
04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I received a reply from the seller .

He says he was given the glove directly from Jackson in the Spring of 2007 and he is not sure of when the glove was used .

Based on the response I received , I don't believe he meant to deceive anyone . A possible honest mistake .

I don't want to speak for anyone nor speak badly about anyone . I have to give the benefit of doubt .

I guess my next question is.....

Do you think the glove was used in Tampa Bay ?

island_style
04-18-2008, 05:18 AM
I am not a glove expert by any means. However, it looks like the glove in question is a Pro Preferred glove, and I think those came out around 2006. I don't know why it was date stamped for 2003, though.

You might also want to contact Bob Clevenhagen and see if he is familiar with the ID# assigned to the Jackson glove (a trait for the Pro Preferred series). Check out:

http://allthingsgloves.blogspot.com/2007/09/talking-to-master-of-gloves.html

I have custom ordered three gloves, and all were stamped correctly.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the auction.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

bubbrubb25
04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm pritty sure this is the same glove,

This glove was on ebay a few months ago and I was going to bid on it, I saved the picture to enlarge it to see if there was a name on the glove, Jackson is on the glove in black stitching and I rember in the listing the guy who was selling it said he found it at a spring training facility and wasnt exactly positive who used it. Heres the picture of the glove that was previously on ebay,

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/7e88_1.jpg

camarokids
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm pritty sure this is the same glove,

This glove was on ebay a few months ago and I was going to bid on it, I saved the picture to enlarge it to see if there was a name on the glove, Jackson is on the glove in black stitching and I rember in the listing the guy who was selling it said he found it at a spring training facility and wasnt exactly positive who used it. Heres the picture of the glove that was previously on ebay,

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/7e88_1.jpg

Damn your good ! Thanks a lot for posting !

Did the glove sell ? when it was listed a few months back ....

I am surprised I missed it ...... darn it .... Thanks again !

Aloha ! Ron @ Island Style ,

Thanks for the info . I need to learn more about the Rawlings Glove's model numbers and what they mean ......

bubbrubb25
04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Damn your good ! Thanks a lot for posting !

Did the glove sell ? when it was listed a few months back ....

I am surprised I missed it ...... darn it .... Thanks again !

Thanks for the info . I need to learn more about the Rawlings Glove's model numbers and what they mean ......
Your very welcome glad I could help......yes the glove did sell thats why I didnt end up with it it went for more then I was willing to pay for it.

island_style
04-20-2008, 04:53 AM

You are welcome, David. I hope it was at least some help to you. Who knows...you might see the glove become available again.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

camarokids
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your help guys !

Auction ends in about 32 hours , I placed a bid of $189.99 .

I was outbid but , I don't think the glove saw game use in Tampa Bay , so I will most likely hold off further bidding.

Plus there are a few nice Devil Rays bats on ebay right now ......

camarokids
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
The top bidder , canceled his bid so I am the high bidder again....

It is just too easy for people to cancel their bids on ebay nowadays .....