PDA

View Full Version : Astros nix road greys?

ziggy
04-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Did the Astros get rid of the road grey jerseys. They have worn a red "Houston" jersey for all of their road games?

John in KY
04-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Did the Astros get rid of the road grey jerseys. They have worn a red "Houston" jersey for all of their road games?

I've heard two reasons why the greys haven't been seen yet this year:

1. The manager hates the greys and like the reds
2. The reds are Cool Base jerseys and they don't like the way the grey Cool Base jersey looks (actually there were no grey Cool Base jerseys last year; Majestic just brought out the grey this year).

bushwickbill
04-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Because "Cool Base" is only available in the road red.

ziggy
04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
As of 2008, teams have the option for home white, alternate, and road grey cool base. Last season (2007) road grey cool base jerseys were not available becuase majestic could not match the colors.

eGameUsed
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I knew it would happen eventually and suspected it would happen this series. The DBacks thwarted the Astros plans and donned the "Sedona" Red (according to the DBacks media guide) jerseys. Astros had to go with the Road Grey so they could tell each other apart. The Astros "Brick" Red are identical color to the DBacks.

Sorry everyone, the Astrod Road Greys are back!

Thanks,

frikativ54
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, I knew it would happen eventually and suspected it would happen this series. The DBacks thwarted the Astros plans and donned the "Sedona" Red (according to the DBacks media guide) jerseys. Astros had to go with the Road Grey so they could tell each other apart. The Astros "Brick" Red are identical color to the DBacks.

Sorry everyone, the Astrod Road Greys are back!

Thanks,

Just noticed that myself. IMO, they look pretty hideous.

ziggy
04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
You guys beat me to it. Just flipped through the MLB extra innings channels and saw the astros v d-backs game. I guess I am old school, but like home white and road grey....colored jerseys should be for BP or softball. Glad to see the Road grey HOUSTON jerseys

frikativ54
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
At the beginning of every inning, I find myself cheering for the D-Backs, because the red indexes the Astros. Better be careful and look at the lettering on the jerseys!