PDA

View Full Version : game issued or game used?

momen55
04-18-2008, 04:41 PM
ok;
i know someone has an answer to this. i recently bought a jersey that was described as "game used", and authenticated by mlb. when i recieved it, i ran the numbers and the info said "game issued".
i emailed the seller regarding this, which isn't a big deal since it was a good buy, and this is what he emailed back:

"All jerseys are tagged as "game issued" unless they are escourted off the field by an MLB authenticator and taken by him without leaving his sight, if that is done, they are tagged as "game used". 99.8% of the jerseys worn in during the baseball season are tagged as "game issued", authenticators are only on had to take certain historical important items like the jersey when Bonds was hitting his home runs and such. You seem to be failing to grasp this concept, as such i'll drop it, you're happy anyway. But, the jersey is 100% for sure game used, whether you want to believe it or not".

what is you guys' take on this? the last items i bought from mlb were game used and state that when the numbers are looked up.

camarokids
04-18-2008, 10:37 PM
this topic has been covered before ....

because the mlb authentication program is more than quite lacking in areas (that is being nice) .....

To be quite frank , its sucks $*&#@...... There, I feel better :D ......

the authenticator did not witness the jersey go from the field of play to his hands , so it is only listed as game issued ......

same deal with my Iwamura Nike bat , bought from FanFest ......

momen55
04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
the guy i bought it from says it's game used, but the numbers and letters show little puckering. i just want to find out more. it is a nice jersey regardless.