PDA

View Full Version : O/T - need some computer help

Vintagedeputy
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
There are some videos on the internet that I'd like to put on a disk for training purposes. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing it? I'm clueless.

Jim

otismalibu
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
There are some videos on the internet that I'd like to put on a disk for training purposes.

Jim,

Many video stores have a back room where you can rent or purchase a wide variety of 'training' videos. ;)

Vintagedeputy
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Greg - haha, guess I left myself wide open for that one. Although I'm not afraid to admit that I've driven past one of those stores one time, haha...

sooooooo, anyone else?

Jim

otismalibu
04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I think Windows Media Player (my default player) has a Burn tab at the top of the player. I've never tried burning online videos to disk, simply because I doubt they would look very good on a television screen.

aeneas01
04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Jim,

Many video stores have a back room where you can rent or purchase a wide variety of 'training' videos. ;)

that was some funny stuff...

jim, what sort of video format are you looking to capture to disk? is it a youtube format (flv)? need more info...

Vintagedeputy
04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Its this video......

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/36338_pulled-over-weapons.htm

aeneas01
04-21-2008, 12:07 AM
easy....

downloading video clip:

1. go to this link (clipnabber.com): http://clipnabber.com/
2. when you arrive, note the "paste url:" bar
3. go to your video on expert village and copy the info in the address bar
4. paste this info in the "paste url:" bar at clipnabber and select "nab video"
5. you will notice a spinning icon in the middle of the page as it fetches the clip
6. once complete, an "flv download link" will replace the spinning icon
7. right click this link and save it to your desktop

converting .flv video to .avi or .mpg:

1. go to this link and download .flv converter: http://freewarelist.net/Pazera-Free-FLV-to-AVI-Converter.html
2. install program
3. run program, select your downloaded file and hit "convert"

with this setup you can also download and save many other videos you come across on the net including youtube videos...

Vintagedeputy
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Awesome Robert! Thank you so much!

Jim

Vintagedeputy
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I got half of it done but I'm having trouble with the .flv converter. I'm not sure what to do next and its asking me to buy winzip.

aeneas01
04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
jim -

many/most programs available for download are "compressed" for quicker downloading speed and you need a program that will decompress them once you have downloaded them to your computer - that's the deal with the .flv converter i had you download, it's compressed.

but these compression/decompression programs are usually standard and have come loaded with every computer i have purchased - and, if i remember correctly, are not needed with windows xp.

try this:

1. let me know what operating system you are running
2. do a search on your system for "winrar" - don't include the quotations
3. do a search on your system for "winzip" - don't include the quotations
4. let me know if your searches turn up anything

to do a system search: open up explorer, right click "local disk: (c):", select search, enter winrar, select "search now". repeat fro winzip