PDA

View Full Version : Close call!!

skipcarayislegend
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Whew....I nearly missed the boat on some amazing, museum quality artifacts. But thank God I had the sense to look at SCD's auction calendar. I almost hate to ruin some good buys for myself, but there's just too many bargains for a single guy to hoard.

If anyone's interested in a drawing by Pablo Picasso himself...I know the place to get it. Single-signed balls from Josh Gibson and Joe Jackson, a mind-blowing George Washington beauty and even a 3x5 from that notorious non-signer, Sitting Bull! They're all here!!! Plus, like another 4,800 stunners that would blow the doors off the Smithsonian's rinkydink archive. Talk about a flipper's paradise. Early retirement, here I come!

Thanks SCD!

worldchamps
04-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah I was amazed too, to see an original Piccasso drawing pop up in a sports auction. Some poor consignor really missed the boat on this one. Forget contacting an art musuem, post it in the same auction that has some spare baseball players batting gloves, and a GEM Mint 1989 Score Baseball set. I wonder i Lou Lampson gave it his seal of approval?

thedegu
04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I believe I've found the man behind the CCSA Picassos...

Dewey2007
04-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I believe I've found the man behind the CCSA Picassos...

Guy looks like an aged Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter.