PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez 2004 WS Bat-REA Auctions

gamer35
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
No where specifically does it state that this was a "game used bat" used in the 2004 WS, but it was graded A10 by MEARS and is already at $1500+. In reading the description, it notes a "large multiple handle crack." However, in reviewing the 4 games of the 2004 WS, Manny did not noticably break any bats, especially one of the magnitude mentioned above.

I would guess this theoretically could have been used in game action and then broken in BP, but from what I know Manny doesnt use BP games in game action. Anyone care to comment?

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11248

gameused
04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Pat,

It's possible the bat was used in a WS game and then broken during BP, but I would think with only a limited amount of WS bats ordered for Manny he would choose another bat for use in BP.

I remember this bat being listed on ebay and save some pics, the handle crack was in two pieces.

Bobby

gamer35
04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Bobby, thanks for the response. The bat looks good and looks to show Manny characteristics along with a legit auto, but I dont think this is anything more than a BP bat.

I also recall seeing it on ebay in 2 pieces but I do not believe that the seller had posted pics of the knob. Do you have any recollection what it sold for?

gameused
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
I dont remember what it sold for and no knob pics were posted.

orioles03
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Pat,

It's possible the bat was used in a WS game and then broken during BP, but I would think with only a limited amount of WS bats ordered for Manny he would choose another bat for use in BP.

I remember this bat being listed on ebay and save some pics, the handle crack was in two pieces.

Bobby
that was not my bat i sold my bat to nate the one i had was not cracked form wwhat i was told from joe the red sox equipment guy he used the bat in boston in the ws and joe got the bat after one of the games and put it in his office

gamer35
04-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Orioles03, I am not referring to your bat on ebay. The bat in question was sold on ebay about 1-2 years ago.

Also, went back and checked the bat Manny used in Games 1 and 2 in the WS (when they were in Boston) and the bat used in game action had a lot more pine tar on the trademark than the one sold that you sold on this forum.