PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Francoeur bat -- eBay

kylehess10
04-26-2008, 09:55 PM
This bat has WAY too much pine tar on it. I can't find not 1 picture of Francoeur ever using this much pine tar. All of his bats look clean in all his pictures. I asked the seller which "reputible" dealer he got it from.....currently waiting for a response

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140228109828&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Number9
04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree 100 percent; Francoeur NEVER has that much pine tar, his bats always have a very light, barely visible coat on the upper handle, plus sometimes some Mota stick on the lower handle.

I notice the seller doesn't say anything about a number on the knob, so I wonder if someone else used his bat, though I can't think of any Braves player that puts a ridiculous amount of pine tar that high up on a bat like that.

Number9
04-27-2008, 03:19 PM
A couple other points:
I have several Francoeur bats, and have photos from a lot of the others sold over the last few years, and none of them have ink transfers on the right barrel like this bat does. Most of mine are hammered on the left side with no ink on the right below/near Atlanta Braves.

Also, saying a signature model Francoeur is rare is not accurate either. He's used those for two full seasons, maple and ash, and this season as well, so that's got be to several hundred bats at the least. His seems to be generous about giving them away, plus Radkte Sports sells them on occasion, so there's plenty of them around. A signature model is not rare at all, its the most common Francoeur bat around. I like them and collect them though, he's a class act.