PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones help...

BergerKing22784
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Looking at this jersey on ebay and I sorta want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Andruw-Jones-Game-Used-Atlanta-Braves-Home-TBC-Jersey_W0QQitemZ360047034391QQihZ023QQcategoryZ605 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It has a lou sampson coa but also has an MLB one so I guess that makes it ok?

I am having trouble finding pictures from that game......... I just want to know if they really did wear those jerseys or not. I found pictures off a random persons website claiming to be from the date of that game but they are wearing normal home jerseys in the pictures... Any help would be apperciated.

bigjimsguitars
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
It's the real deal, hint, I entered the MLB hologram number and it shows as:

Hologram number MT00506776 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under Jerseys.
Session Product Description: Throwback Negro League jersey with Atlanta on front in red

Session Name: New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves
Session Date: September 07, 2005
Autographer: Andruw Jones
Authenticator: Deloitte

Maybe this link is going to work:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/results_pop.jsp

Moreover, the signature is as good as gold on it.

Go get it!!!

BergerKing22784
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Thank you for the help... Now my next question does anyone have any pictures from this game of the braves wearing these jerseys? more specifally andruw? I am searching everywhere with no luck

thanks,
brian

bigjimsguitars
04-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Thank you for the help... Now my next question does anyone have any pictures from this game of the braves wearing these jerseys? more specifally andruw? I am searching everywhere with no luck

thanks,
brian

Try Getty Images

bigjimsguitars
04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Never mind, I just checked at Getty and Nothing...maybe an Atlanta Newpaper for the day after the game....

5kRunner
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
This image came from WireImage. Sorry its so small. You have to subscribe to get a larger resolution. The jersey Brian Jordan is wearing isn't the same as the Jones jersey in the auction.

skipcarayislegend
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Here's one of Andruw supposedly from the 9/7/05 game. Maybe Deloitte made a mistake.

skipcarayislegend
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Looks like this game might've been played on 9/2 against the Reds. No mention of 9/7 or anything against the Mets.

From the Negro League Baseball Players Association site...

skipcarayislegend
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Nevermind. Just found a number of shots supposedly from the 9/2 game and they're definitely wearing the reg. issue home whites. Crap, where's Lampson's 8,000 image archive when you need it? Louuuuuuu????!!!!!

Game Used Bats
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The MLB hologram is to certify the autograph not the use of the jersey. All items certified by MLB for "game use" start with BB.

Anthony

Jags Fan Dan
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
This Smoltz one sold here in the last auction as a team issued, not worn:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/auction/lot.php?id=446

I am concerned about the Jones one also being issued, not worn.

Jags Fan Dan
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
May have come from here:
http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=32&lot_num=489&lot_qual=

BergerKing22784
04-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Thank you guys for all of your help. My best offer was accepted and now that you guys have done a wonderful job with helping me in my research the item can be proven not to be game used and I do not want it.

My question is, while I am sure the seller did not know this information himself am I obligated to pay for it? I only offered what I did for it under the assumptions it was game used in a actual game.

Jags Fan Dan
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Thank you guys for all of your help. My best offer was accepted and now that you guys have done a wonderful job with helping me in my research the item can be proven not to be game used and I do not want it.

My question is, while I am sure the seller did not know this information himself am I obligated to pay for it? I only offered what I did for it under the assumptions it was game used in a actual game.
My personal opinion is no, you do not have to follow through with the transaction based on the fact that the listing appears to have been erroneous in saying the jersey was game used.