PDA

View Full Version : Please Identify the Year of this Vintage Ball State Football Jersey?

atljim
04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I have this vintage Ball State Cardinals Football jersey that I am trying to identify the year. I posted on one of the discussion groups on eBay and was referred to this website. I hope I am posting on the correct forum...if not, please advise. The jersey does not have any tag, but I do believe there was a tag on the front lower left of the jersey at one time. If anyone can give me any information, I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
atljim

http://photos.imageevent.com/vintagethyme/vintageclothing/websize/Football%20Jersey%201.jpg

both-teams-played-hard
04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Early 70s. Looks like it was made by Champion. Any stitch marks where the tag was? Can you tell the size and shape of the tags?

Nice jersey!

atljim
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, there was a tag in the bottom left front corner of the jersey. Some of the thread is still there, but the tag is gone. It appears that the tag was approximately 1" X 1 1/2" and was sewn on with white thread. I believe that it was from the early seventies to mid seventies, but cannot be sure. I am hoping someone else can help provide more information. Once again, thanks for your help!

MSpecht
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
A good source for identifying college FB jersey styles is Ebay. Currently a search for 'Ball State program' brought up Ball State football programs from 1972, 1976, and 1979 at prices ranging from 99 cents to $7.25. Just in case the jersey is a bit older, programs from 1965 and 1967 are also currently listed. I have found in the past that $20 or $30 can build a pretty good reference library for most college teams, especially if the search is narrowed to a few years , say 1970-1975.

Good Luck.
Mike Jackitout7@aol.com