PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Barry Bonds Autograph Experts!!!

sfgiants452
02-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi,

I was hesitant to post this on here, for fear that people will bid. But, I didn't want to bid on a fake. For those of you who are experts in the autograph area, what are your thoughts on this? Is it authentic? Any help will be appreciated!!! Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8770464269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

THANKS

trsent
02-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Did the old Merle Harmon's Fan Fair stores deal much in autographed memorabilia? I used to shop at one in the Chicago area and I never remember autographed memorabilia. Maybe the COA is from a different Fan Fair company, but I just find the item suspect due to the era it would have been sold. There were so many autographed 8x10s during those years that were no good, I would use caution myself.

If you are going to bid, I would recommend paying for the quick evaluation on eBay from PSA/DNA.

hblakewolf
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I was hesitant to post this on here, for fear that people will bid. But, I didn't want to bid on a fake. For those of you who are experts in the autograph area, what are your thoughts on this? Is it authentic? Any help will be appreciated!!! Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8770464269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

THANKS

You indicate that the link on ebay is offering a "Fake" Bonds autograph, however, you have no proof to back this up and are seeking additional assistance to determine if indeed it is fake?

HHMMMMM???????

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sfgiants452
02-26-2006, 07:08 PM
HI,

I never said it was a fake. I said I don't want to bid on a fake. READ before you post things.

trsent
02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I never said it was a fake. I said I don't want to bid on a fake. READ before you post things.

Howard, can't you READ?

I don't want to bid on a fake either. Then again, I don't think that photo will have much competition for bidders from this forum.

bondsfan
02-26-2006, 07:34 PM
The photo in question is mine. It came from Jeff Kranz and fan fair inc., the largest seller of Bonds autographs and memorabilia in the world.

check fanfairinc.com

I have over 150 Bonds autographed items and 20 pieces of game used items of Bonds memorabilia and have had over 50 game used pieces in the past couple years -- it is most certainly an authentic photo.

Barry Bonds' autograph has evolved constantly over the years.

In 1985-86 he signed with his full name as if he was just learning to write curvise -- every letter was very clear and easy to read. I have rookie, college and minor league photos and balls to substantiate this.

In 1987, it changed again to where only the "Barry L" was legible and the last name was basically a "B and S."

From 1990 through 1992 -- the autograph on the plaque in question was Bonds' best quality autograph if you got it from a private signing or a show.

From 1993-1999 you got a BBS for Bonds' signature.

From 2000-2002 Bonds' signature improved to where he basically spelled out his full name and it was accompanied by a Bonds authenticated hologram. He was aligned with Steve Hoskins at this time.

In 2003 Bonds had a falling out with Steve Hoskins and went with his own company and redid his signature again, making it even more legible and going with a different hologram. He is still doing this today.

And from 2000 to current, if you didn't pay for Bonds sig at a rare show appearance or buy one of his items from his site, you still got the old "BBS".

This is all factual.

I would like to wrap up by saying three things.

1) I read this site a lot but rarely post anything because it's usually the same people posting and the overall tone is generally negative and it's mostly from people who do their authentication by looking at pictures on getty's site. That's just my opinion and perception of things here.

2) Anthony, please don't bid on this item. I have had a couple e-mail correspondences with you and like Mr. Wolf basically said the other day regarding your Wanted posting of Giants items, you aren't willing to pay for items. In my opinion, you basically want everything for free.

3) The Bonds jacket with a Lampson COA listed on e-bay that was in question a couple days ago most certainly didn't come from 2001. I know this not because of the size L, which isn't accurate for Bonds in the 2000s, but because the logo on the jacket wasn't used after 1993. The Giants changed the scripting of the SF in 1994 to what it currently is today. The logo on that windbreaker was from 1993 or sooner. If it is a Bonds jacket, then it can only be from 1993 and then the size L would be accurate. But it's certainly not from 2001.

sfgiants452
02-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Bondsfan,

For some reason I have been getting a bad rep on this site. I am just simply looking for a good price on things. If it makes all of you happy I won't post any want ads anymore, but I still will be making posts on subjects around the website. As for Ebay, I always purchase and PAY for my items. Check my feedback. My user ID is llllllghjghj (that is 6 l's and urge you to look at my feedback). I have one negative due to my son buying an Orlando Cepeda card without my permission. I really don't appreciate the comment that I want everything for free. I have purchased my highly prices items in my past and I have PAID the person in full. Remember I am not Donald Trump. I have to pass on things. Also, don't listen to that Howard Wolf guy, for some reason he has had it out for me. Finally once again, I really do urge you to look at my feedback, maybe that will change your opinion.

THANKS

allstarsplus
02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Coveh is one of the top Bonds collectors in the country and I have had some excellent dealings with him as both a buyer and seller.

Barry Bonds has several different sigs that he has used and on most Pirate items and several early Giants items he signed with the old BBS looking sig.

Also, I wish Coveh did post here more when it comes to Bonds items!

Andrew
www.AllstarsPlus.com (http://www.AllstarsPlus.com)

Yankwood
02-28-2006, 02:13 PM
One of my favorite things on this site is to read all the catty little remarks. Every day I find out that this guy doesn't like that guy-or this guy's cheap, or that guy over there used to rip people off. It's like a soap opera and it makes my day. I really have very little else to live for. I feel like we're all family and I'm a little kid again watching my aunts and uncles go at it. This is not meant sarcastically at all, either. I love this. Keep up the good work.

hblakewolf
02-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi Bondsfan,

For some reason I have been getting a bad rep on this site. I am just simply looking for a good price on things. If it makes all of you happy I won't post any want ads anymore, but I still will be making posts on subjects around the website. As for Ebay, I always purchase and PAY for my items. Check my feedback. My user ID is llllllghjghj (that is 6 l's and urge you to look at my feedback). I have one negative due to my son buying an Orlando Cepeda card without my permission. I really don't appreciate the comment that I want everything for free. I have purchased my highly prices items in my past and I have PAID the person in full. Remember I am not Donald Trump. I have to pass on things. Also, don't listen to that Howard Wolf guy, for some reason he has had it out for me. Finally once again, I really do urge you to look at my feedback, maybe that will change your opinion.

"

THANKS
Interesting how yet another Forum reader states the same information that I made earlier-you are simply a tire kicker that makes posts on this site seeking items, and also contacts various sellers, yet never seems to purchase anything. As I noted in an earlier post, please, don't waste other collectros time and lead people on about the possibility of buying game used equipment, then either never respond or complete a transaction.

I have dealt with you first hand, and know all too well how you seek information on items, yet never buy anything. I'd be curious to know if you have ever purchased a single item from the Forum site?

If window shopping is your game, please, go to Ebay and leave the Forum readers alone.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kingjammy24
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
This has nothing to do with the auction, Bonds, or the seller. I've seen this comment made twice now and it always cracks me up.

I read this site a lot but rarely post anything because it's usually the same people posting..

What a self-fulfilling conundrum. 'I won't add my posts because it's the same people usually posting'. ?! If you, and others who read but don't post, would start posting regularly then it wouldn't be the same people posting anymore, would it?

Want to increase the variety of posters, add some different insight, make it more 'positive'? Here's the solution: start posting.

Feel that there isn't enough variety in the posters or that too many of the posts are negative? Blame yourself for not doing your part to change that. It's hard to change things when there are a whole slew of people who apparently enjoy the Forum enough to "read it a lot", yet continue to sit on their hands and gripe about issues they could easily influence.

If you feel it's good enough to read regularly, then you must feel it's good enough to post regularly.

Rudy.

Yankwood
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Actually, the line, "I won't post because it's always the same people posting" is very similar to Yogi Berra's line, "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded". Genius, absolute genius.