PDA

View Full Version : Colby Rasmus

chakes89
05-02-2008, 10:17 PM
How much would a game used bat of his sell for?

Just ballpark numbers

bigtruck260
05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
I saw one sell on eBay a few months back very quickly at $650 BIN...to a friend of mine in CA.

I think it was an Old Hickory bat from his time at Quad Cities...it was signed and inscibed with his number - and it was hammered.

I would think $500 would be a safe bet at this point. There really have not been many to base a solid opinion on. The only two I have seen are the one mentioned above and a Controlling the Game model my other buddy in Tennessee has (and his is certainly not for sale).

Regards.

chakes89
05-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks

cigarman44
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah Dave that was a tough one to sell but I couldnt pass up a 450.00 profit lol. He just signed with Louisville Slugger so Id say more will start coming up. Hopefully he picks things up or his bats might be 50 bucks by years end!

bigtruck260
05-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Funny you mention that Joe...

I was just talking to my friend in TN, and I was telling him that I think Colby may be hoarding his bats. You rarely ever see them or hear about them.

He comes from a good family - maybe they are holding them until he explodes on the scene...and they will suddenly appear in droves.

I think I will hold off until the hype dies down. If he plays like Grady Sizemore, I'll start looking.

bigtruck260
07-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I just wanted to update this thread...

Several have sold recently in the 2-300 dollar range.

frikativ54
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I saw one sell on eBay a few months back very quickly at $650 BIN...to a friend of mine in CA.

I think it was an Old Hickory bat from his time at Quad Cities...it was signed and inscibed with his number - and it was hammered.

I would think $500 would be a safe bet at this point. There really have not been many to base a solid opinion on. The only two I have seen are the one mentioned above and a Controlling the Game model my other buddy in Tennessee has (and his is certainly not for sale).

Regards.

It's amazing to see bats go this high when a player hasn't yet played a Major League game. I wonder where all the prospect busts' bats go to; do they use them as firewood?

bigtruck260
07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
There is still a market for them...

Aside from guys that are completists and have to have every player that ever donned a uniform for a certain team (minors too) - there are family members and friends that want stuff from these guys.

Otherwise, they are reminders of what could have been - and never was.
In my youth, I spent TONS of my lawn mowing money on guys like Ben McDonald...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_McDonald

shoremen44
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Dave,
I have a whole bunh of Ben McDonald rookie card if you're interested...lol

As a young O's fan I collected his cards like crazy...