PDA

View Full Version : What's The Attraction...?

frikativ54
05-05-2008, 12:25 AM
What's the attraction to the pink bats? I know it might seem ridiculous that I am asking, but I don't understand why having such a bat is so attractive in a collector's mind.

Is it that fighting breast cancer is a great cause? Is there sentimental value behind it, maybe because a woman in your life has had breast cancer? Or do you simply like the way the pink bats look, and how rare they are?

I hope you guys don't think I'm a jerk for asking this. I just would like people's opinions, so I can better understand the pink bat phenomenon. I guess that a pink bat isn't the first game-used collectible I'd go after, so I'm wondering what it does for others. Thanks for your help.

-Frik

both-teams-played-hard
05-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Is it that fighting breast cancer is a great cause?
YES!

Also, the pink bat can be pinpointed to being used on a certain day. I don't collect bats. But, I think a pink bat would make a heckuva conversation piece!

Vintagedeputy
05-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Knowing exactly when a bat was used is huge. Plus, ball marks show really well on pink bats.

metsbats
05-05-2008, 06:47 AM
They help us guys get in touch with our feminine side.;)

But seriously the rarity, ease of photo matching and the dollars go to a great cause.

-David

eGameUsed
05-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Frik,

Though already stated, the assurance of knowing which game the bat was used in is key. In addition, the novelty and cause is a great one!

For me, I happened to make Astros BP on Sunday, May 13 and got to see a lot of the guys prep and use the bats during BP. Berkman launched a few massive Home Runs during BP and I later won the bat. For me it was neat to see him hit the HRs and swing the bat before and during the game that drew me to it.

Thanks,

David
05-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I would bet that if these bats were any unusual, distinct color they would be popular-- yellow, green, bright blue, pink. other.