PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Ebay Piazza Jersey

cbb5
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Look at this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-MIKE-PIAZZA-31-GAME-USED-NEW-YORK-METS-JERSEY-COA_W0QQitemZ8772361921QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

This thing seems to be fake. A few things jump out at me. First the size seems to be off. I am positive that Mike wore (wears) a size 50 NOT a 52. Secondly, look at the picture of him wearing the jersey in the auction pics, and the placement of the 31 is way off. Not saying that the picture has to be the same jersey (it's just showing the style) but most likely all of his jerseys for that season would have the same (close) number placement. This one is way off (too far to the right). Anyone else have some thoughts?
Chris

suave1477
02-27-2006, 10:46 AM
cbb thats trsent auction

cbb5
02-27-2006, 10:57 AM
That's why I am asking everyone's opinion. I don't want to necessarily come out and say "this is definitely fake". That's a bold statement and I wanted to see if anyone else had thoughts.
Chris
Also, in my original post, I meant to say that the jersey in the auction has numbers that are farther left than the jersey in the game picture (not the other way around).

trsent
02-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Chris, I am sorry you feel the jersey "seems to be fake". When a player puts a jersey on his body and wears it tight or loose, often numbers or letters may move or shift or spread-out. I can see you concern over the slight shift of numbers on the front of the jersey, but based on my source for obtaining this item, I personally do not feel any reason for concern.

I never received any emails with your concerns prior to your post, so I do not know what else to tell you.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to email me personally, my email address is available in every post I make on this forum and in every eBay auction I list.

byergo
02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
trsent,
What do you think about the jersey being the incorrect size for the player?

trsent
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Please follow up, I know you want my rear because you wouldn't reply about the Bo Jackson jersey issue. I was not the one who said he was happy we knew the Bo Jackson game issued and game used jerseys were Scoreboard jerseys because you had no problem with them and you would be able to buy them for a cheaper price.

Even though Rudy and I confirmed the tags were 1990 style made to be reprinted 1989 jerseys for a Scoreboard signing. You are really hurt that I asked you to reiterate your comments and you left the post telling us you would never read any follow-ups over the post but then I found you reading my follow up a few minutes later.

I asked you to clarify this point, and you ran away, so now you want to pin something on me, right? Ok, payback is a bi**h.

-------------------------------------------------

Let me know proof of Mike Piazza's size history. Some arm-chair authentication is not going to pass.

Please, be detailed with your proof of Mike Piazza size history, not just from some other jerseys you have seen for sale.

hblakewolf
02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Forum Readers-
For what it's worth.........

I recently sold a 1999 Piazza road jersey.

I still have an alternate black home 1998 Piazza jersey (Asking $1,695.)

Both are tagged size 50.

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

flaco1801
02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
maybe its a "game cut" jersey how could ya tell the differance except for the repeated washings. i dunno, buyer beware nowadays. i wouldnt buy a superstar jersey from anyone unless they made a bulk purchase. ahhhhh the good ol days.

byergo
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
trsent,
Check your private message, I sent you a detailed message yesterday with my complete thoughts on the Bo jersey.

As you know I had nothing to do with the jersey, other than being a bidder on it (many other people must have felt the same way as the price point on these keeps getting higher).

Just wondering if you were going to respond to a potential discrepency on one of your listings since I saw it posted and I know how much you love controversy!

trsent
02-27-2006, 06:58 PM
The private messages never seem to work, as I am never notified when I have a new one. I will read your message now. I liked it when our email addresses were obtainable when you clicked on our user name. I also include my email address in all my posts, so I am easy to reach.

In the meantime, I do not mind controversy, just funny when you decide to join in because I questioned your thoughts on an item. No big deal.

As for the Piazza sizing, I'm not going to buy that he only wore one size and that he may have never worn a bigger size or smaller size one day or more because of documentation that is only from jerseys sold in other auction houses.

byergo
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Fair enough. I'll consider the case closed. Just pimping you man! :-)

trsent
02-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I replied to your private message, just in case you are not notified.

trsent
02-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Fair enough. I'll consider the case closed. Just pimping you man! :-)

We doin.. big pimpin, we spendin G's
Check em out now
Big pimpin, on B.L.A.D.'s
We doin.. big pimpin up in N.Y.C.
It's just that Jigga Man, Pimp C, and B-U-N B
Yo yo yo.. big pimpin, spendin cheese
We doin - big pimpin, on B.L.A.D.'s
We doin.. big pimpin up in N.Y.C.
It's just that Jigga Man, Pimp C, and B-U-N B

My ex used to sing the song to me, but she changed the B.L.A.D.'s to B.A.L.D.'s. I wonder why?

metsbats
03-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately jerseys are not H&B bats where you can look up the exact model numbers. So how can you definitively say that a player wore a certain size for all his career? (to Joel's point). I would personally not purchase a size 52 Piazza jersey knowing what I think is correct (that he only wore size 50). Also keep in mind one can walk into the Mets clubhouse stores here in NYC and purchase pro-model jerseys of star players. I believe though that only certain sizes were available for retail for sale to the public and size 52 was one of them.

David