X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Latest eBay adventure

I am guessing this is not a new one, but it was a new one to me:

I bid on an item, got outbid, so I bid again. I get outbid at the last second, and then immediately receive a "second chance" offer for the item at my highest bid price. And lo and behold, the person who outbid me both times has 1 feedback, it just happens to be from the same seller as the item I was outbid on, and he has "won" other auctions from the same seller and has a eerily similar username to the seller.

This is a good deal for the seller if the second highest bidder always bites, because he always gets top dollar for the item thanks to the schill bidding.

Needless to say, I am passing on the "second chance" offer.
  • BULBUS
    • Nov 2005

Re: Latest eBay adventure

I would email Ebay and let them know.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    sigpic
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• otismalibu
      • Nov 2005

Try and bid just once, at the very last moment.

Don't give any bidders (legit or otherwise) a chance to bump you up or beat you.

I've got a Death To All Nibblers bumper sticker on my car. Ok, I don't...but the thought has crossed my mind.
      Greg
      DrJStuff.com

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
        • Apr 2007

Well, I usually do just bid once, but this item ended with no bids the last time it was listed, so I didn't think I needed to stake it out like I normally do. I wasn't going to do anything about this, but after a little while to think about it, I did report it to eBay.

Comment

• 34swtns
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by otismalibu
          I've got a Death To All Nibblers bumper sticker on my car.
          Sweet. Where can I get one?!

Last 5 seconds.......the only way to bid.

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

but this item ended with no bids the last time it was listed
            When I miss an item that ended with no bids, sometimes I'll just email the seller and strike a deal.

I wasn't going to do anything about this, but after a little while to think about it, I did report it to eBay.
            You can spend all day reporting stuff to eBay. It never ends. I see stuff that supposedly sold a week ago (and had multiple bids) and was immediately listed again (non-paying bidder, the seller says). Right. Sometimes I email the seller, pointing out he's selling a fake auto or a pre-print. Some take it down, some carry on. Then I might email the buyer or kill it with a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion myself. Went to do that on an obvious fake last week (seller was first informed) and PSA/DNA came back with a Likely Genuine. Crazy. They've given the thumbs down to the same player 'auto' (from the same forger) in the past. No longer worth my time or $7.95.

Last 5 seconds.......the only way to bid.
            Unless you forget. Or unless they chicken out and end the listing early.
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

Working...