PDA

View Full Version : alex sanchez game used throwback milwaukee braves jersey

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
on ebay i seen someone is selling a game used uniform( hat, pants, and jersey) of alex sanchez. They are autographed and come with a mlb hologram but the price is what throws me off. The seller is asking 1500.00 or best offer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this uniform amy be worth as i have bought and sold sanchez jerseys for less than 200. Does the mlb hologram really add that much to an item. please help me thank you.

Also i have recently purchased a 2003 brewers sanchez jersey that i will be showing pictures of and am trying to retrieve all the sanchez items i sold on ebay cause i want them back.

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
sorry here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Sanchez-Milwaukee-Braves-Game-Worn-Jersey-Hat-Pant_W0QQitemZ170217275632QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60597 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

TNTtoys
05-08-2008, 10:25 AM
My best guess is that the complete uniform with authentication, factoring in that 1) it is a one of a kind and 2) Sanchez is really nothing more than a common player, is worth no more than a few hundred dollars.
The seller trying to get $1500.00 is really pushing the limits of reality. I think he is possibly hoping for a "best offer" of even a hundred or two more than its worth. Many buyers out there, upon seeing a very high buy-it-now price, might feel like they are insulting the seller if their "best offer" is too low (but from my experience, definitely not ALL buyers!).

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
i told the seller i would go 500 for the jersey. so well see what happens. i am also going to buy a game used sanchez glove from eurekadave. That glove is sweet. I just wish i never sold all my sanchez items but when ur out of a job u have to do what u have to do. but i will get them back. lol

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I have just heard back from the seller and my 500 dollar bid has been rejected. I dont know if i would go any7 higher than that right now as i dont think it is worth much more. But please anyone help me and let me know what you feel this jersey is worth.

Also thank you tnt for your answer it was very helpful

dcgreg25
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
It is a pretty nice looking uniform but given the market for Sanchez items your offer was a good one. It is difficult with non-star players as sometimes sellers will put these things up and let them sit on the bay for months waiting for the right offer. You made your best offer and the seller didnt like it- not much more you can do other than wait. Did the seller counter? If not, you are probably not even close to his number and should probably keep looking around. Maybe make the same offer again closer to the closing of the item. Just my 2 cents.

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
thnk you for your thoughts no the seller didnt do a counter offer as they think it will go for much more they said and would be worth more down the road as it will only be worth more and more later in the years t ccome. so ya like you said ill wait and offer again later

commando
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I kinda get the feeling that the seller overpaid for the uniform himself. It looks like he usually sells cheaper collectibles, like die-cast cars and key chains. If that's the case, it may take him a while to realize he'll be lucky to even get his money back.

deionsandersfan2137
05-08-2008, 11:43 AM
i am wondering the same thing. I offered up to 700 for the uniform and i was told i was around the ballpark so well see what happens. the seller said they would wait a couple of weeks and if they dont get any more bids higher than mine than maybe they will take that but who knows what will happen

kylehess10
05-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Does this guy think adding this to the description is really going to make more collectors interested?

"Alex Sanchez is the first major league baseball player ever to be banned from Major League Baseball for violating the league's newly adopted drug policy. On April 3rd 2005 Alex Sanchez was suspended 10 games for testing positive for a performance inhancing substance. MLB created the new policy to address the growing use of steriods in the majors. We are all aware of the effect that steroids has had on Major League Baseball. "

TNTtoys
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
It's my opinion that $500.00 (let alone $700.00) is too inflated a price to pay for this uniform. If the seller rejected this offer, he's probably grossly overpaid for it and is under some illusion that he will still turn a profit on it.
If I were you, I would have taken the $700 and sunk it into about 3 or 4 quality Sanchez jerseys or 1 jersey from a star player. Again, just my 2 cents.

deionsandersfan2137
05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
yes your right i should do that. I have found only the 03 sanchez jersey from the brewers i would like to get a devil rays , giants, and tigers jersey to complete my collection but i want the regular jerseys with his name on the back and i really want an 02 brewers jersey so if anyone knows where i can find these please let me know. im willing to pay good for them. also i am going to buy the sanchez game used fielding glove from eurekadave next week.