PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lankford Game used bat - old article but interesting

suave1477
05-09-2008, 05:01 PM
You're Never Too Young to Dream: The Craftsmanship of Baseball Bats.

by Robert Elias

Baseball is what dreams are made of. You're sitting in Atlanta's old Fulton County Stadium. The bases are loaded. Ray Lankford is at bat for the visiting Cardinals. As a fan, perhaps you dream of seeing a rare grand slam or of hitting that home run yourself and running around the bases. But maybe your dream is more unusual. For you, there's a different thrill: it's in the bat.

Chris Young makes bats. As the founder and owner of the Young Bat Company, he supplies bats to Major Leaguers and other ballplayers. Ray Lankford was using a Young bat that day in the mid-1990s in Atlanta. Leaning over to his friend, Chris wondered out loud how it would be if Lankford hit a grand slam. A minute later, that's just what he did. In dramatic fashion Chris Young...

This was a clip I found in doing a search thought it might be interesting for someones mental rolodex

bigtruck260
05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
If you ever come across the Young "Boom Boom" Lankford bat, make sure you insure it and then list it in the GUU auction. I have a feeling there is gonna be some serious bidding when that day arrives...

You think I am kidding....just wait.

DonTheLegend
05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks for posting this.

i have read this several times before while doing random Lankford searches and always get a kick out of it.

i have two Young Co. bats, however both are issued bats.

i would dip into my savings pretty heavily if the "BOOM BOOM" bat ever surfaced for sale.

this and the elusive NIKE bats are two bats that i would nearly kill for.