PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NLCS Event Used Table Leg

bigtruck260
05-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I was cleaning out my office today and found this beauty in my closet.

Here is the back story....

Me and 5 of my closest Cardinal worshippers were inside of a tightly packed sports bar in St. Charles during Game 7 of the NLCS in 2006.
Endy robs Rolen and Yadi Homers. I saw the looks on the faces of the folks at Shea that evening, and could relate to such emotion.

Beltran - the Cardinals killer walks to the plate with men on and a slim defecit. Wainwright, the closer by proxy tosses the nastiest curve ball in postseason history.

5 guys...all over 200 pounds simultaneousley lunge forward in elation. Budweiser products and toasted ravioli are dispersed onto the neighboring tables...because our table was absolutely trashed. We blew all four legs off of that sucker. Throughout the bar, Cardinals fans have erupted into what could only be decribed as euphoria, elation and disbelief.

Inside of a small pocket of reality, our waitress advised us to vacate the premises quickly - before being forcefully removed by the owner/boucers. as I was leaving, she stopped me, and picked up this beauty and told me to take it as a memento of my last visit to Side Pockets.

Before the outcry of inappropriate drunken behavior - I must let you know that not one of us had too much to drink. The excitement of that evening was enough to keep five people high...just a freak accident and an awesome story.

DonTheLegend
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
i would pay money for you to try and get that signed.

it would be a priceless moment to see the look on a players face upon him hearing this story.

commando
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
i would pay money for you to try and get that signed.

it would be a priceless moment to see the look on a players face upon him hearing this story.

Sorry, you have the right idea, but....

It would be a priceless moment to see the look on the BAR OWNER'S face if the table leg was given to HIM to be signed!

dcrules01
05-10-2008, 11:31 AM
As a Mets fan can I have that I need some firewood :rolleyes:

All I remember was that curve ball Beltran just froze and the season was over :mad: I thought after Chavezs catch there was no way they were gonna lose but I was wrong :(

Great story ...

bigtruck260
05-10-2008, 04:50 PM
You know, I think the Legend may have seen this piece in person...

Did you Donny?

Anyway - no firewood. It is actually signed by 4 of the 5 guys who were present that evening. The next time Wainwright has a signing, you had better believe I am taking it to the show. Knowing Adam, he will get a kick out of it.

Unfortunately, the only chance I have had was April 29, 2007. Adam, Yadier Molina and Larussa were scheduled to do a signing in STL, but it was cancelled when Josh Hancock was killed. They never did reschedule.

Seriously, it has tremendous sentimental value. We have great memories of that evening...the Mets were the best team, and we just got lucky that evening. The play by Chavez was one of the best, if not the best in post-season history (even better than Edmonds against Houston)...