PDA

View Full Version : Who in the World is Herb Perry ???? Pics of mini collection !

camarokids
05-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Here is the Pictures of My Herb Perry Collection !

On top is a 1998 along with three 1999's , one of the 99's has a cupped barrel end the other two do not .

Herb is such a nice guy !

On the last game of the 1999 season , which was on a Sunday , I had to work till 3pm . The game started at 1pm . The day before I had asked Herb for a bat , but I could not make it to the Sunday game till it was almost over .

So , Mr. Perry brought a bat out to the parking lot and gave it to me .

He also brought out his hat to give away as well . The bat he gave me is the one w/ the taped handle . Still have it !

Ozric
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
One of my favorite players when he was with the Indians... I used to have a ton of his stuff, but sold most of it over the years. I still have one of his Indians bats that looks exactly like yours as well as a game used Charlotte Knights hat. I had a few of his Indians and Rangers jerseys and still regret getting rid of them as he is such a likeable guy and his game used stuff can be had for nearly nothing...

Dewey2007
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
There is a Herb Perry White Sox bat with a BIN or Best Offer on eBay.

camarokids
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
There is a Herb Perry White Sox bat with a BIN or Best Offer on eBay.

Nice looking bat !

otismalibu
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Herb is such a nice guy !

There have been many Peaches, but there's only one Herb.

camarokids
05-12-2008, 07:57 PM
There have been many Peaches, but there's only one Herb.

FYI for you younger guys like Kyle , there actually was a musical group in the 1970's called Peaches and Herb .

They were pretty good .....

gatorcollector
05-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Herb was a great Gator! Something you may not know is that he was also a football player at UF. If I remember correctly he was a back up quarterback. Glad to hear he's a decent guy.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/gatorcollector/jerseys/perryback.jpg

camarokids
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey GatorCollector !

Nice looking jersey ! Looks like it has a lot of use ....

I remember hearing Herb played football in college .....

Did you ever score a bat of Perry's ? Check out the White Sox bat on ebay , see link in this thread (if you have not looked already) ...

Uniform number on bat matches his #43 he wore in Chicago (according to www.baseballalmanac.com ) .....

gatorcollector
05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't have any bats. I'm strictly a jersey guy (except for my Corey Brewer shoes). I'm afraid if I start buying bats I won't be able to stop! The jersey is from MeiGray, the use is actually pretty light.

SkubeBats
05-13-2008, 03:59 PM
There is a Herb Perry game used batting helmet on ebay. The helmet is from his day's with the Chicago White Sox. I hope this helps you out.
Jamie Schultz
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com