PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Hall of Fame Newest Members

trsent
02-27-2006, 06:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aq5_8xi9LdV6r7ywDoOR.9Y5nYcB?slug=ap-halloffame&prov=ap&type=lgns

I understand that the Hall of Fame has inducted some behind the scenes members from The Negro League Era and some players, but really, isn't is about time Minnie Minoso and Buck O'Neil were also inducted?

I do not know much about Buck O'Neil, but I can tell you as a former Chicago White Sox season ticket holder that Minnie Minoso was one of the greatest ambassadors of the game. He still may be.

----------------------------

Minoso played in the major leagues for 17 seasons, mostly with the Chicago White Sox, and hit .298 lifetime. He was a seven-time All-Star and won three Gold Gloves in the outfield.

"I know that baseball fans have me in their own Hall of Fame -- the one in their hearts," the 83-year-old Minoso said. "That matters more to me than any official recognition.
"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be, and I am truly honored to be considered. I've given my life to baseball, and the game has given me so much."
----------------------------

suave1477
02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Hello Trsent i met Minnie a few weeks ago, he is a really nice guy!!