PDA

View Full Version : Chipper batting right-handed with a blonde bat??

kylehess10
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Today at the Braves game I noticed Chipper Jones using a blonde Rawlings bat when he batted right-handed. Chipper ALWAYS swings a black bat while batting right-handed and a blonde bat while batting left handed. Any reason why Chipper would do this? Could he be out of black Rawlings bats? This is the first time I've seen him do this too. I took a picture of him too with the blonde bat:

camarokids
05-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey Kyle,
What is the patch for on his left shoulder ? I am just curious ......

bigtruck260
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
...and that is a STELLAR photo Kyle. When the Cards are in town, I will contact you for a comission. Cool?

metsbats
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Kyle: If i remember correctly Chipper used black Glomars from the right side.

David: BEACH patch is for Jim Beauchamp who in Dec 2007. He was a former player for the Braves, Cards, Mets and Braves coach 99-2001 and minor league outfield coordinator from 2002 on. I remember watching Beauchamp play for the Mets growing up in the 70's.

David

whatupyos
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Metsbats: Chipper did use Glomar black bats for a period but over the last few years he's been using black rawlings.

Aaron

kylehess10
05-20-2008, 11:08 PM
bigtrucks - Ofcoarse. I always try to make it to atleast 1 game every series here in Atlanta

metsbats - whatupyos is correct. I do remember seeing Chipper use Glomars, but has since stuck only with Rawlings bats.

ryantex
05-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Chipper has been using a blonde bat when batting right-handed for the past week or so. I believe he started just before the Oakland series. I haven't seen any of his black Rawlings bats since then. Interestingly, he started doing it when he had a couple of off games from the right side. His black bats are an ounce heavier (according to commentators), so I wonder if he just wanted to try a heavier bat from the right side.

Also, saw that Smoltz has been using Chipper's batting gloves this year (Chipper's last style). They even have the 'CJ10' on them. I think he's doing this for awhile.

kylehess10
05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Also, saw that Smoltz has been using Chipper's batting gloves this year (Chipper's last style). They even have the 'CJ10' on them. I think he's doing this for awhile.

Yep, I have several pictures of Smoltz batting with Chipper's gloves on. He has been using both his old style (black/white) and the new style (red/white)

Fnazxc0114
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Sorry this is O/T but kyle how are you guys liking tex out there? he was pretty good with the fans here in dallas. he was about the only big name player on our team that signed on a regular basis.

kylehess10
05-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Sorry this is O/T but kyle how are you guys liking tex out there? he was pretty good with the fans here in dallas. he was about the only big name player on our team that signed on a regular basis.

Well everybody on top of the Braves dugout today was yelling "WE WANT SALTY BACK" so there's a good hint for ya on how much we like him ;)

Fnazxc0114
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
thats funny. i dont think we will be screaming for him back since matt harrison threw a no-no two days ago in double and salty is still young but he will come around. is he not too fan friendly to you guys. out here he always had that good guy mentality. i also shot you an email about different subject. take care josh

kylehess10
05-21-2008, 01:42 AM
thats funny. i dont think we will be screaming for him back since matt harrison threw a no-no two days ago in double and salty is still young but he will come around. is he not too fan friendly to you guys. out here he always had that good guy mentality. i also shot you an email about different subject. take care josh

Texeira actually freaked out on me the other day. At the end of the inning he threw the ball up and I caught it bare hand....then as I turn around to run back up to my seat, he screams so loudly "ARE YOU SERIOUS!!". I was soooo confused but apparently he was aiming at somebody else? He has some anger and signing issues that he needs to get fixed before I'm ever a fan of his

Fnazxc0114
05-21-2008, 02:02 AM
maybe his wife is cheating on him with one of her old college sweet hearts from tech. lol

yanks12025
05-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Kyle
Did you keep the ball or give it to how he was throwing it to.

Also i bet Mark is going to be a Yankee next year, if the braves dont resign him.

One more thing this is O/T. But i took the yankee stadium tour on tuesday and we were down by the yankee dugout and there were sunflower seeds all over the place and i was thinking of getting some. Game used Yankee seeds. But decide not to.

kylehess10
05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Kyle
Did you keep the ball or give it to how he was throwing it to.

I was about to toss it to the kid who was near me but right before I did that Tex ended up just throwing up another ball. It was the only kid there and he had already gotten like 2 baseballs I think during that game

ryantex
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
The Braves fans who want Salty back just aren't very patient. Everyone knows he will come around; his stats is April/May are always bad.

Tex was a 1.5 year rental for the Braves. He'll be a Yankee next year. Count on it.

On another topic, Jorge Campillo was using Omar Infante's bat last night. Just wanted to let all of the Campillo collectors out there know.