PDA

View Full Version : How About a "FOR TRADE" Section?

hiramman
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I know everyone is all excited about the "For Sale" section to coming back and so am I, but wouldn't be great if there was a section to list items that you would be willing to trade. I'm assuming that the reason the For Sale section is going to a fee based system is because of dealers listing page after page of their items for sale. They took advantage of the "free" system, so now we will all have to pay to sell our items. I have no problem with that, but since most of the time, I'm selling items to buy more game-used items I'd enjoy working some trades and getting to know some of the other collectors on the forum.

It's great to list your wants in the WANTED section, but you get your hand slapped if you mention you have something to trade for your wants. How about a section just for trading?

ndevlin
05-21-2008, 06:07 PM
I'd be ok with that.

yanks12025
05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
If we have to pay to sell are items, on this new format it better be very good.

SkubeBats
05-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I think that a trade section would be great addition to this site. I have many game used bats that I would like to trade. I've always been the type that would rather trade then sell my bats, this way both parties get something they both like for their collection. There are several members here that I have made trades with. Just something to think about.
Thanks,
Jamie Schultz
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

P.S. I'm always looking for game used bats of the Milwaukee Braves and Brewers.

dcgreg25
05-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I am all for a trading section. It can only bring more traffic and interest to the site and it would be interesting to see some of the items that are traded...it is worth a try, even if just on a trial basis.

GoTigers
05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd be all for it... and I'm excited to see the new "for sale" platform as well... I know that some people on here are not looking forward to a platform that has seller/buyer fees associated with it, but I'm all for whatever fees apply to ensure this site stays up and running.. also, the added benefit of the items you are bidding on standing up to the scrutiny of forum members can't be overlooked.