Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelofSF
    • Apr 2007

Making money off my pictures?

It looks like someone printed out one of my pictures that I took and posted on this site and is selling it on ebay with an autograph. I don't have a problem with anyone viewing my pictures that I post or using them to try an photomatch something, but selling them I do not approve of.

here is a link to the auction:

here is the original post that I posted it in:
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Re: Making money off my pictures?

Perhaps you could put a watermark on them, prior to posting. That way, if they did really want the photo, you might have a bit more control over what it was used for.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• mvandor
      Banned
      • Apr 2007

That JPG should NOT be sufficiently hi-res to get a good 8x10 print from.

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

When I zoom in on the picture on ebay , it appears there is a difference in the way the necklace it dangling out of his shirt ....

I don't think it is the same picture ????

On ebay the necklace appears to loop down . On your picture on GUU the necklace loop goes up and around .....

Also the shadowing on the ebay pic appears to be darker on his face ....

Just my observation..... To be sure I would need a better pic of the ebay picture.....
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• tilley72
          • Jun 2007

That's definitely the same picture. If you look at the straps from the glove they are the same weay. The small space between the glove and the jersey where you can see the dirt is the same and so on...

The only difference between the picture on here and the one on eBay is that the one on eBay has been cropped.

I personally think it's rude to use someone elses image for profit unless you ask them if you can use their images before hand.

Just my two cents...
          -Andrew

Comment

• ndevlin
            • Mar 2008

Im looking at the way the dirt is placed on the mound, the shadows, the necklace, etc etc. It looks like the same pic to me.

Comment

• Spiezio23
              • Nov 2005

It's quite possible they got the photo from here. I bought a photo from them once thinking the quality would at least be somewhat decent. Wrong, It's obvious they used online pictures and had them made up and the quality is by far subpar. They are very grainy and low res./pixelated, which makes sense they didn't use a scanner to post up their pics.

They got me once and it wasn't worth the time/effort for me to get my money back or complain, lesson learned.
              Always looking for Seattle Mariners & Anything of Felix Hernandez or Richie Sexson.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• commando
                • Nov 2007

There's absolutely no doubt that it is the same photo.
                sigpic
                Anthony Nunez
                Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• cjmedina1
                  • Oct 2005

I was emailed an offer about a mcgwire bat. I ask for a pitcher of the back of the bat.They proceeded to email a pitcher of my bat that I posted here on the forum? They tried to pull a fast one on me and didn't not succeed.

Can anyone email me some info about water mark on the pitchers. Please post or email

Carlie Medina III
                  carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cjmedina1
                    I was emailed an offer about a mcgwire bat. I ask for a pitcher of the back of the bat.They proceeded to email a pitcher of my bat that I posted here on the forum? They tried to pull a fast one on me and didn't not succeed.

Can anyone email me some info about water mark on the pitchers. Please post or email

Carlie Medina III

Carlie,

So they are trying to sell you your own bat which they don't have???

David
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• cjmedina1
                      • Oct 2005

David

I was contacted by a possible seller of 2000 sign MAC bat. I asked to see pitchers which they did. So I asked if they can take a pitcher of the back of the bat.In mean while I had realized that very same bat was up for auction at HA.I asked if he was the winner of the auction,He told me that he bought it from the winner. So I did do some and found the bat and yes it was the same bat.So I thought it would be a legit buy. Of course I asked how much he paid for the bat and whats the asking price? His answer was I paid 1100 for it but I would like to try and get 700 for it.... That was a red flag for me then he proceeded to send me a pitcher of a bat that had great use.But then when I look close and compared the markings it was my bat.So know I'm really ticked..... I'm not sure if this has happen to any of the members but it wasn't going to happen to me.I let this person in a kind way that I will be talking to the authorities about this and I have heard from him since.

Sorry if I got off topic but I would like to know from anyone how to put some kind of symbol or mark on your pitchers?

Carlie Medina III

Comment

• Rob L
                        • Nov 2005

I just emailed the seller and asked if this was an MLB authentic photo and autograph. I'm curious to see the response.
                        Rob L
                        loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
                          • Nov 2005

Wow, quick response. Here it is.

"It is an authentic photo."

Jeez.
                          Rob L
                          loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• platinum1
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

I'm also thinking the autograph is a fake. The picture was taken this year. How does someone from Jamestown,PA obtain autographs? Especially from an American League Team

Comment

• camarokids
                              • Jun 2006

Please post the watermark info , so all of us can learn how to do it ......

For I have posted quite a few pics of my collection on here ......
                              Thank you,
                              David

This is my email address here!
                              dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

Working...